The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Kolerin Story Page

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueleaf
Devashroud Second in Command
Blueleaf

Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 pm

ASJKSDIHSDJNFEJNFSC YES BABY MID

AND BABY-FACE. I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 pm

This is just too much fun to write... I can't wait for awkward teenage Finn to join the group and try flirting with Sue... XD

But the baby Mid... owo <3 So precious!

Sue: She is so lucky I forgave her for the nose-wiping thing, or she would have been on a doorstep. e3e But I was lonely so... I kept her...
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 pm

OhmiGod..... An awkward teenage Finn.... I waaaaaaaaaaant. eue Like, now.

ASJDJDFNDSBJDFIJGRKJGRJN BABY MID! <3 I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT! 

Midnight: Hehe, sorry about that.... And you couldn't resist my cuteness! owo <3
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:33 pm

I just wanna write and not stop until I have a whole novel of this. <3333333

If you have any suggestions or headcanons, lemme know and I can see about adding them. ouo
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 pm

I wouldn't complain. ouo <3 

And I will. ouo I just dunno any yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Was it well-written? Any mistakes? I'm a little paranoid lately because I haven't written as much as I used to in months thanks to being busy with school. omo'
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Yeah, it was good. ^^ I didn't find any mistakes, but maybe if I read it again, something will pop up. And bitch please, I can barely remember the last time I finished a story.... It's actually kind of bad. ono I just don't have the time or commitment or energy to write everything.... But I'll try sometime! *falls over and dies*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Haha, it's alright. I just love writing so much, I get upset when I can't find the time to do it. ^^' Especially if I think my skills get a bit rusty from me not writing much in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Yeah.... But I think I learned more about writing during RPing more than anything.... And character development and stuff. It's insane. XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 pm

I know, right? XD

I just reread it and my gosh... I love little Mid's way of asking for food. "Hungry, please!" Just soooo cute... <3 MIDNIGHT I LOVE YOUUUUU! I need some fluff in RP with Mid and Sue now... ;u;
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 pm

I think I learned the most from you, actually. ouo" A shit-ton of stuff.

WOUBHECROUBHWRCENHOUREV YES! *dies* Sorry for neglecting you Mid I love you~ <3
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Awww, really? ^////^

Sue still totally babies Midnight. <3 She wants to stop having kids so she can focus on the ones she has, including Mid... But our beloved Finny seems like he wants a dozen babies. XD They're a funny couple.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Yeah. ouo I learned and got into the habit of writing a lot more than I used to. I used to just have shitty one liners all the time. ^^" 

And yes Sue totally would. X3 Finny's quite interesting, but they could take a break for a bit when it comes to baby making..... XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 pm

*cuddles a Midnight plushie* I'm spreading the joy and fun of writing! X3 The adorable characters are a bonus. <3
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Yay! o7o <3 *holds a younger Sue plushie to my chest*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:52 pm

In the Arms of the Angel

Lyrics from "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.

-------------------------------

She finally seemed to be at peace as she laid in bed, one arm draped over her middle as she slept. Her hair was all stringy and clumpy from all the dried sweat in it, and she still seemed to be faintly pale, but the air coming off of her was enough to comfort the man by her bedside. The dark-furred panther was gently holding one of the woman's hands, his fingertips tracing the little ring on her finger, which matched his own... That had been one of the first things that changed his life, and then she went and gave him another. She never doubted him, never shunned him, or told him he was crazy for feeling the way he did about things, and the best part was that she was honest about all of that. It wasn't like she lied to make him feel better... He wondered what she would say now, if she was awake and he could tell her his thoughts. His mouth quirked up into a faint semblance of a smile, She would tell me the same thing she's been having to tell me for eight months... Everything will be fine. I have instincts I never knew I had. I'd be fine.

Sighing, he gently laid his wife's hand down on the bed and leaned away from her, quietly sliding his chair back. He hesitated for another moment before getting to his feet, one hand absently combing at his hair to make sure it was over his blind eye-- he had lost it during the "Kolerin Civil War," as the neighboring countries had dubbed it. His remaining eye was blue, a color he never really thought suited him... of course, his wife always argued with that opinion. She had a strange way of losing herself by staring into people's eyes... apparently she saw something in them nobody else could see. At least, that was what he believed...

He was hesitating again, and caught himself doing so. He forced himself to stop getting lost in thought like his lovable but ditzy wife, shaking his head a little to clear it and murmuring to himself, "You can't hide from this, so stop it... Just go."

Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, he quietly made his way out of the hospital room. His hands were thrust nervously into his pockets as he walked down the hallway of the maternity ward, feeling lost even though he knew exactly where he was going thanks to all the signs with the arrows pointing the way. Bright, bold letters declared: Nursery.

Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance,
for a break that would make it okay...
There's always some reason
to feel not good enough,
and it's hard at the end of the day...

He stopped again at the window to the nursery, looking in at the doctors and nurses as they watched over the tiny creatures in the plastic cribs that could double as incubators, if the babies were small and couldn't keep warm on their own. His gaze slowly slid over the room, his thoughts once again threatening to choke him as he tried not to start panicking. He looked back on all the moments that led up to this one... That afternoon when Nani made him climb a tree with her just so she could prove to him that she cared... the way they reunited after every battle during the war... the way they celebrated when it was over... when they married... and that moment at five in the morning when she got up to pee, and happened to take a pregnancy test. She had shaken him awake so violently he thought the house have to have been on fire for her to panic like that, but it had been something so much more life-changing.

He remembered how he felt in that moment, as she told him the house wasn't on fire, no... His heart had stopped. He could have sworn he had a heart attack at age twenty-four, when he got that news. It was the scariest thing that ever happened to him...

The thing was, despite all of his memories of how he himself became a father, he had none of the man who had sired him. He had grown up without one, so he never really knew what it meant to be one. It absolutely terrified him when he thought about all the mistakes he would make, all the things he would do wrong, simply because he was the naive one for once... And now, as he stood there, looking through that window to see if he could find his own child, he felt that fear rise up, greater than ever before. He wanted his wife to be there next to him, but he knew she couldn't fight this for him.

He took in another deep breath and let it out slowly, closing his eyes for a moment as he told himself, "It's too late for him to be a father, but... it's not too late for you..."

I need some distraction...
Oh beautiful release...
Memories seep from my veins...
Let me be empty
and weightless and maybe,
I'll find some peace tonight...

There was a soft click as the door opened, and a nurse appeared, asking, "Can I help you...?"

Once again forced from his thoughts, the panther turned, swallowing nervously and nodded, "Y-yes... I'm Aaron, the father of one of them..." He showed the nurse the little wrist band the hospital had given him. He, his wife, and his newborn all had bands with matching codes to prove they were together.

Checking the wristband, the nurse smiled a little, "Alright, you must be here to see your little one... Right this way." She opened the door wider, and led him inside the nursery.

It was warm and dim inside, to ensure the comfort of the newborns. Aaron felt almost claustrophobic in there, and was once again on the verge of panicking, but the nurse kept leading him along, through another door, as she told him, "Right in here, Mister Versailles... Yours is right here, on the far left. Go ahead and hold her if you want to, just don't leave this room..."

Aaron hesitated again, but then forced his stiff, nervous legs to move, slowly shuffling over to the incubator on the far left side of the room. He had already forgotten about the nurse, not turning back to thank her for showing him the way, or to even acknowledge her existence in any way... He was holding his breath as he neared the plastic crib, cautiously peeking in at the tiny creature inside. The first time he had seen his newborn child, the baby had been all wet and gross, but now he could see her clearly for the first time.

A shuddering breath escaped him as he stared down at the little baby, stunned by just how much she looked like him... She was grey all over, with black rosettes and a tuft of black hair on her head. Her tiny nose twitched as she laid there, all bundled up in a pink blanket. A little tag was attached to the crib, and on it were the words, "I'm Elaine, and I was born today!"

"Elaine Opal Versailles..." Aaron murmured, reaching out to touch the laminated tag before turning his gaze back to the baby herself. When she moved, he jumped a little, then forced himself to calm down as he watched her squirm around and open her eyes... blue, like his. The panther just looked at her for a moment, meeting the newborn's gaze. There was no judgement there, or really anything... just this blank innocence, reminding him that this child was a blank slate. She didn't hate him for anything he had said and done in the past, didn't resent him for anything, didn't fear him leaving her like his father had done to him... She just looked at him, squinting, as though she was trying to figure out who he was. He swallowed nervously before whispering to her, "I-I'm your father... your daddy..."

The baby blinked once, then yawned, her mouth opening wide to show bright pink, toothless gums. She seemed oblivious to her father's nervousness, just going about her business as a newborn... which was pretty much just sleeping.

"Okay..." Aaron let out yet another breath, rolling his shoulders as he raised up his hands, bracing himself, "You can do this..." He took a moment longer to ready himself, then reached down into the crib, slipping one hand beneath the baby's head, and the other beneath her tiny body. Reminding himself to breathe, he lifted her up, careful to support her head. Her hair was so soft...

Lainey suddenly wriggled again, making him freeze, but then she leaned her cheek against his thumb, which felt warm on her soft face. One tiny hand came free of her blanket, only to end up pressed to her face because of her poor motor skills, but she didn't seem to mind. She was purring, her velvety little ears flicking as though she wasn't aware the sound was coming from her own throat.

At first, Aaron could barely believe what just happened. A bit of his fear faded away, and he shifted Lainey into his arms, cradling her close to his chest, "Y-yes... I've got you... Daddy's got you..."

In the arms of the angel,
fly away from here,
from this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear...
You are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie...
You're in the arms of the angel,
may you find some comfort here...

Sitting down in a chair along the wall, Aaron held his baby close, gently petting the top of her head with one fingertip as he found himself talking to her again, "I-I know everyone doubts me, even myself, but... I'm still going to try my best. I'll make mistakes... I won't be perfect... but I'll still be there..."

The baby peeped open an eye again, her ears perking up when she heard him talking again. Her reaction to his voice made a smile curve Aaron's lips again, and he uttered a soft, helpless little laugh. He held her closer, leaning his head down so he could lightly touch his nose to her forehead, nuzzling her tiny head. Her fur was velvety soft, and the way she smelled... it was that 'newborn baby smell.' One of her tiny hands reached up to touch his muzzle, and he kept his head there, reluctant to pull away from her. 

Uttering a faint mewling noise, Lainey pawed at her father's face with one tiny hand, already starting to memorize his scent, the sound of his voice, and the texture of his fur. The tiny kitten was still purring quietly, the entirety of her six-pound body seeming to vibrate with the sound.

Aaron felt his breath shuddering slightly as he said, "I love you, too..." For some reason, he felt like he needed to cry. He had been so scared, so anxious, so doubtful... and now here he was, holding her and feeling this whole new love wash over him. He had fought so hard, for so long... He'd battled hatred, anger, spite, heartbreak, depression, loss... Somehow, after all that grief, he had gotten here, to this dark little room with his firstborn child in his arms. He never would have believed he could be in this place.

They were wrong. They were all wrong when they said he would never get anywhere in life, when they said he would always be hated and abandoned... That his own resentment towards other people would make him a terrible father...

So tired of the straight line,
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back...
And the storm keeps on twisting,
you keep on building the lies
that you make up for all that you lack...
It don't make no difference,
escaping one last time...
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness, oh,
this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees...

"Mister Versailles?" the nurse's voice came again, and Aaron pulled his head away from his daughter, blinking away the tears that stung his eyes. The rabbit nurse smiled a bit at him, murmuring, "A Roy Brodeur is here, claiming he's a friend."

That's an overstatement, Aaron thought to himself, but he gave a slight nod to let the nurse know he was okay with Roy coming in.

A moment later, Roy Brodeur stepped inside, looking a bit awkward. The guy had no children of his own quite yet, though his own wife was about three months pregnant now... It was understandable that he'd be awkward. Additionally, he was here to see Aaron... they weren't exactly friends, but not quite enemies, either. Their relationship had always been quite confusing because they hated each other, but at the same time had fought side-by-side in the war as allies.

"H-hey..." Roy began, his eyes on Aaron for just a moment before his gaze slid down to the tiny figure in the panther's arms, "Congratulations."

"Thanksh," Aaron replied, then cringed a little when his lisp managed to show itself. He had the speech impediment since he was a teenager, but he had learned how to speak normally through conscious effort, except he tended to lose that control when he was emotional. Holding his newborn daughter had certainly made him emotional enough to let his speech slip like that. Trying to ignore his embarrassment and awkwardness around Roy, he looked down at Lainey, easily finding himself focused on her instead, "This is Elaine... Lainey."

Roy cautiously took a step closer to them, looking down at the child. After a moment, he murmured, "She looks like you..."

Aaron actually smiled a bit, which was probably the first time he had ever smiled at anything Roy said. He gently rubbed at his daughter's cheek with his thumb, but she was sleepy now, and her eyes started to drift closed. Still, she gave him a last little purr as she began to doze off, apparently happy to receive any attention he offered. Aaron watched her as she slowly slipped into sleep, gently rocking her a little in his arms.

The silence stretched on for a while, until Aaron spoke again, "Everything changes, Roy... When your child is born, everything will be different... I can't really explain it, but... I can guarantee you've never felt anything like this before in your life..."

Surprised by how sentimental and unguarded Aaron was being, Roy just sort of gawked at the panther for a moment before hastily responding, "U-uh, yeah... I... I suppose eet does all change..." He was still nervous about the idea of being a father himself, but watching Aaron with his daughter... It reassured him a little. If a bitter loner like Aaron Versailles could do it, then so could he. Right? Then he thought about something else... Maybe Aaron wasn't as selfish and bitter as he thought he was. Maybe he was lonely and defensive for good reasons, and didn't deserve the treatment he got from their allies during the war... Because how could a truly hateful person hold a child like that, with tears in his eyes even in front of his personal enemy?

"And I'm done with this, Roy..." Aaron spoke up again, his blue gaze meeting Roy's brown eyes. He stared intensely at him, despite how tired he seemed, "I'm through being enemies with everyone... If they want nothing to do with me, then so be it, but... I'm done fighting. The war is over..." He looked down at his daughter again, his voice softening, "No more fighting... I want to be the father she needs, not the shadow of the one I was denied..." He knew just how personal that information was, but for once he just didn't care, continuing, "I'm through with all thish hate. I jusht want peace, and happinessh, and a family... All I need ish my wife, and my daughter. I'm over the pasht..."

Roy swallowed, taking a moment to find the right words to respond to that with. When he couldn't think of anything after a few long moments, he sat down in the chair next to Aaron, looking over at him and his baby as he said carefully, "You... you're right... ze war ees ovair..."

Aaron simply nodded at that, understanding the second meaning to those words. His personal war could finally come to an end... He could get over his resentment towards his own father by living apart from his nonexistent legacy. He could leave the past behind... he could never forget it, but he could move on...

The panther closed his eyes, ducking his head again to press a soft kiss to Lainey's forehead as she slept in his arms.

In the arms of the angel,
fly away from here...
From this dark cold hotel room
and the endlessness that you fear...
You are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie...

Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:05 pm

OH MY ASJKSDHJSFNKFSHKFSKHF 

I AM CRYING 

HOLY SHIT I AM SO DONE HERE. *flops over with dead feels* ASASAMSFCSJSDDS,SMC 

*ahem* ouo" I like how you incorporated his blind eye..... And holy shit, Aaron's worse than Roy, which is really saying something..... XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:18 pm

;u; I just want to cry, too... </3 I'm glad you like it.

AARON. WHAT DO YOU THINK?!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:19 pm

QKDWNIEDIJFEIHFEIEFHWDWDOK *cries from feels* ;7; 

Aaron: *is honestly speechless*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm

I'm glad you like it so much... ;u; <3 The feels are so perfect...

Nani: *is honestly crying a little, too*
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:30 pm

*clings onto Roy* HOLD MEH! ;~; 

Roy: ....? 

LAURA'S ABOUT THREE MONTHS PREGANT HERE AND YOU GET THE FRICKLE FRACKLE 

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?! AND YES I SAID 'FRICKLE FRACKLE' BECAUSE OF TUMBLR

Roy: o///e" 

Aaron: *still dumbstruck and speechless, not really sure what to say*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:40 pm

YES IT'S JUST SO PRECIOUS! <3333

Laura: Can you write more about our future babies...? o//u//o

Why yes, yes I can. And maybe I'll throw a wedding in there for someone, too. eue
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:44 pm

PLEASE THROW IN A LAUROY WEDDING. I ALREADY DID A GOD AWFUL RELLIOT WEDDING IN THE PAST. 

Roy: o///<" 

I can't wait to see people drunk. XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Oh my gawd... can you imagine drunk Laura? XDDDDD She's bad enough when she's tired!

Laura: I-I am not! >////<'

Nani: I don't think I'd like getting drunk, but I like cake. ouo
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Oh my God..... I can't even..... XDDDDD *dies laughing* 

Roy: .... 

And Roy gets a little violent..... ouo' That would be fun.... 'Old Roy' comes through a lot when he's drunk-- him being a cocky asshole pretty much. XD

Aaron: .... 

Unlike Aaron here, who has a strong alcohol tolerance. It would take a lot for him to be tipsy. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolerin Story Page
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next