The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Kolerin Story Page

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueleaf
Devashroud Second in Command
Blueleaf

Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Ooh. About who? And what song?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm

The song is "Say Something" by A Great Big World.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Aw, I know that song... Who's it about?
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:33 pm

AND I HAS A STORY!!!)

“NO!!!!” He shouted at finding his home destroyed...his world was ruined now...all because of them...the bastards that had hunted his kind for being different...supernaturals. He was a special case even among them, being not exactly Mobian anymore...it was when he found the Devas safe-haven burning and everyone dead that he lost his mind
“C-Cole...Roy...” he muttered as he found the bodies littering the field, “Rachel Nani, Gabe...they're...they're...”
Dead.
Jonah Simmons, the cyborg ninja pyro that escaped the Sect's influence had gone out for not even an hour...and he'd returned to find this...this ruin this Hell...Sect soldier had left the corpses here to rot while the camp burned to ashes. Tears stained his eyes and trickled down his cheeks when he found the last of the Devas...and his would-be love.
“No...please be alive...” he said lifting up the chinchilla's body, though it was clear from the blood loss she'd passed long before now, he had a faint hope she was alive...and he tried everything. CPR, SABC, even something he thought would only work in fairy tales, kissing her...nothing works. Roxy was gone too...just like everyone. His sorrow turned to anguish, from anguish to rage, and from rage to a hate that even Satan would've been scared of.
“DAMN YOU...DAMN YOU TO HELL JULIANNE!!!!” he cursed

You never go
Your always here (suffocating me)
Under my skin

Jonah quickly made his way around and buried everyone he could identify...some of the bodies were so mangled that he didn't believe they could've been alive before now. When his task was done he headed off to Redwillow's ruins knowing exactly where to find her, where no matter what he'd put this to an end.
I cannot run away
Fading slowly

The white wolf's rampage through the Sect lines was swift...there wasn't a Mobian nor cyborg in the Sect's arsenal that could stop him and the whole time he was singing

I'd give it all to you
Letting go of me
Reaching as I fall
I know it's already over now
Nothing left to lose
Loving you again
I know it's already over, already over now

With his slaughter finished he began a slow walk, flicking blood from the end of his sword before sheathing it. The Sect, had taken everything from him...now he was going to make them pay, Aurora's wrath would come on swift fiery wings with Jonah as the blade.
The rain came suddenly matching the tears Jonah was still shedding for his fallen friends...this whole time running from the ones that made him this way, now they had his attention

My best defense, running from you
I can't resist, take all you want from me
Breaking slowly

“IT'S JONAH! TAKE HIM OUT!” someone shouted. Bullets rained down at him. He didn't care, what bullets he didn't just completely face-tank like some kind of lupine Terminator, he deflected with his sword and the whole time singing.

I'd give it all to you
Letting go of me
Reaching as I fall
Nothing left to lose
Loving you again
I know it's already over, already over now!

It wasn't long until the cyborg had decorated the walls in his enemies gore. He pressed on until he found an elevator...and started to come down from his anger realizing he'd been shot multiple times already. His biometer registered that his chances of survival were minimal unless he sought medical aid immediately. He only had one thing of medical aid...his memories of Roxy and him not a month ago when they'd awkwardly met at the hospital. Not long after Cole showed up thinking they'd been together forever.

You're all I'm reaching for
It's already over
All I'm reaching for!
It's already over now

When the elevator jarred to a stop Jonah spat blood...but he wasn't about to give up just yet. The doors slid open to what looked almost like a throne room with Julianne sitting up in a rolly chair at the top of an overhang. Jonah limped inside, a trail of his own blood leaking behind him.
“So...my prodigal cyborg returns at last.” she mused.
“You shut your fucking mouth!” he cursed at her
“Or what? Without my help you'll bleed out and die right at my feet, like the worthless dog you are. I knew I should've told Cody to kill you six months ago. But he couldn't do it could he?”
“He was a better person than you could've ever hoped to have been! He was sane unlike you, you high horse bitch!”
“Words...do you really wish to play word games with me Jonah? Very well I have a few words for you,” she snapped her fingers, “Kill him!”
And her best dropped in from above and attacked. Jonah countered working his way closer to her up until a few of them had him at gun point...but they didn't shoot...Jonah was standing in front of Julianne...the bullets would rip through him...and kill her in the process.
“COWARD!” she cursed ready to get up and punch him.
But Jonah turned to her, smiling...like he was out of him mind. He knelt at her feet like he was praying.
“That's more like it...bow to your master you dog!”
Jonah wasn't having it though and he sang the last part of his song

I'd give it all to you
I offer up my soul
It's already over, already over now!
With the last bit held as best he could Jonah burst into flames, the air heated quickly to 110 degrees Fahrenheit...fire rolled all along his body...and the temperature was on the rise. But Jonah kept singing as the guards opened fire only to watch their round disintegrate before getting close

Give it all to you
Letting go of me
Reaching as I fall
Nothing left to lose
Loving you again!
I know it's already over now!
It's already over now!
I know it's already over, already over

As he got closer to the end of his song so did his life to it's finale...as Jonah unleashed every angry flame he could muster up.
“EJ...Roy...Devashroud young and old...I do this for you...” he muttered under his breath and smiled again, “And especially for you...Roxy.”
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Julianne demanded as the heat climbed to a staggering 300 degrees.
“ENDING THIS WAR!”

Jonah shouted with effort...and the whole building went supernova as Jonah ended his life to end the war that had ravaged his home
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:36 pm

RAAAAAAGE!

Damn...

Nani: I died?! ;A;?!

It's just a story, honey. *pats her head* An epic, violent story of mass destruction.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Roy: o_o 

Rachel: omo 

Well, huh.... *reads* ouo"
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Flare: *has a heart of stone* ...Meh

I liked the story owo
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:39 pm

(Aaaand my turn now. XD Woot two stories in one night! *high fives Pluto*)

"Say Something" --- A Great Big World

-------------------------------------------

Say something, I'm giving up on you...
I'll be the one, if you want me to...
Anywhere I would've followed you...

He never would have expected this to be his little miracle... but there he was, sitting in a chair and staring at the fragile creature that lay in front of him. Anxiously watching every breath she took, counting the beats on the heart monitor to make sure the rhythm didn't so much as stutter. He couldn't tear his attention from her, couldn't risk even closing his eyes for a moment, for fear he would miss something again. His long, thin fingers held onto one of her tiny hands, his ears angled back as he just kept watching, his grey eyes a little glossy with what tears he hadn't let fall throughout the entire ordeal...

It all started at about three o'clock that morning. He had been in bed with his wife, or had been trying to be... Their little daughter kept waking up and crying, and seemed to have just an ordinary fever. They had given her medicine and put her back to bed, but she remained restless for hours... Until she became quiet. While many would have assumed the feverish child had finally gotten to sleep, her mother felt something cold creep into heart when her two-year-old stopped crying.

She had panicked and run into the toddler's room, picking up her child and trying to say something to her, but she didn't respond... Her baby was horrendously sick, her fever having spiked up to dangerous temperatures and her lungs so full of fluid she could scarcely breathe. The mother screamed in terror when her little girl just hung limply in her hands, horrible gurgling sounds coming from her throat and chest as she fought to breathe, her face red with fever and a cold sweat coating her tiny, trembling limbs.

"ALLEN! ALLEN!"

He remembered her screaming his name, panicking.

"SHE CAN'T BREATHE! ALLEN!"

He had jumped out of bed so fast he had expected to hurt himself, but he felt strong and faster than he had in a decade as he ran into his youngest child's bedroom and snatched the toddler from his trembling, terrified wife. He heard the frightened voices of his older two children, and lights were flicking on, but his eyes were fixated on the face of his child. Terror seized him as he felt her little life just slipping away, and he did the only thing he could do for her. He flipped her over and started pounding on her back with one fist, hard, trying to beat some of the fluid loose so she could cough it out.

His wife started screaming again as her husband began striking the child, almost brutally, and completely broke down. "ALLEN! ALLEN!"

He paid her no heed, looking up to stare into the startled faces of his grown children; his twenty-year-old daughter and twelve-year-old son. Call 911. Call somebody. Get help...

His daughter ran to get a phone, while the boy... He just stared as his father struck his baby sister repetitively on the back, flinching from the sound. Tears welled up in his eyes. She's dying, she's dying...

And I am feeling so small...
It was over my head...
I know nothing at all...

Help eventually arrived, and the entire family found themselves on an early-morning trip to the emergency room. His baby was horribly ill, but it had all happened so fast... Yes, she had always been a little bit of a sickly child, but... this... It was different this time. She had never been this sick before, not enough to put her in a near-death state like this.

"Papa?" There was a soft whisper from the other side of the room.

Looking up, he saw the elder of his daughters was awake. She and her brother were curled up together on a large plush chair in the corner of the hospital room; the boy was asleep, but she was wide awake, her eyes round with fear. "She's not going to die, is she? Aurora wouldn't take her from us like that, would she?"

The father heaved a sigh, lowering his head a little. "I just... I don't know..."

"I-It's not fair..." she whispered, wiping at her face, "It's not fair to do this to her..."

"We can't control these things," he spoke calmly, still holding one of the toddler's little hands. He gently stroked her tiny, soft fingers, his heart breaking even as he said, "We just have to do our best for her... It's all we can do..."

His daughter sniffled, hugging her brother tightly as he slept. She was quiet, trying to control her fear and grief as much as possible, but the occasional small noise escaped the college student as she thought about life without her baby sister. It just wasn't fair...

And I will stumble and fall...
I'm still learning to love,
Just starting to crawl...

Early morning light was seeping in through the curtains now, as dawn steadily approached. The father reluctantly rose to his feet, daring to take his eyes off of his baby for just a moment, so he could talk about how to protect her health. He stepped out of the room, finding his wife having a solemn conversation with a doctor. They both fell quiet when he appeared, his voice pained as he asked, "What do we need to do?"

"Naomi currently has a very severe chest infection... After looking over her health records and taking her current symptoms into account, we can deduce that she is prone to said infections. Some sort of immune deficiency, likely caused by a complication we didn't notice, before she was born... There isn't much we can do for this sort of thing, aside from trying to put her in a healthier environment," the doctor replied softly, his tone serious.

Allen was quiet for a moment, then repeated, "What... do we need to do...?"

The doctor nodded his head once, suggesting, "You should get her away from city smog, give her prescribed vitamins and medications, and keep after her health diligently... Make sure the water she drinks is clean, without additives... There's a slight chance she'll grow out of it someday, but until then, we need to be gentle on her system."

"L-leave the city?" Allen's wife shook her head a little, "But my job is our only source of income... a-and our daughter, she's in college. She can't move now... our boy would have to change schools..."

"I'll take her, then... just me," Allen said quietly. "We'll live out in my parents' old country house, and you can all visit on the weekends and when you have days free."

His wife looked like she was being torn in two. "But Allen..."

"It'll be okay," he assured her, reaching over to pull her close. "It will only be for a little while... She might get better and grow out of it... Or maybe we can all just move together if it is a long-term arrangement. But we need to act now, for her sake..."

Knowing very well that they had no other option, his wife sighed, "Alright, just... just for a little while... If she needs to stay out in the country, I'll find a way to get there with you..."

He tightened his arms around her, murmuring, "She'll be alright... I'll watch over her."

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

After over a week in the hospital, their daughter was deemed healthy enough to leave. By that time, arrangements had been made, and preparations carried out. The little country house was ready, already stocked with clothing, food, and other necessities.

Bidding farewell to the rest of the family had been difficult, to say the least, not that little Naomi understood what was happening. She was innocently unaware, and frankly confused when her mother and siblings cried over her, and gave her hugs and told her goodbye. It made no sense to her, and the two-year-old confusedly clung to the only person staying with her right now; her father. She held onto him as he carried her out to their truck, and put her in her car seat in the back. Then they left...

Their family watched them go, promising to visit very soon...

Allen glanced back at the city one last time as he left, never having felt quite so alone as he did on this journey... But there was one person still with him. He looked into his rear view mirror, seeing his little girl gazing right back at him through said mirror. He was doing this for her sake... He could live apart from his wife and his elder two children, if it meant protecting little Nani... His little Nani...

And I will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

He soon found they would spend and agonizingly large amount of time alone in that country house. From the time Nani was two, to the time she was eight... Six years, he was apart from his wife. For six years, he endured terrified nights when he heard Nani coughing and crying, but he also enjoyed sunny days when she would run around outside and chase the birds. He raised her, and nursed her back to health when she was ill...

But for those six years, he had been sure that his daughter was going to die. She was hospitalized periodically when things grew too serious for him to handle on his own, and she showed no signs of getting better... She was a skinny, pale child with a red face and somewhat thin, weak fur... Her hair was brittle and greyed slightly, and too much would fall out when he brushed her hair in the mornings...

She couldn't walk outside during the wintertime, or when it was wet, because she would fall so drastically ill it as as though a mere breath of cold could kill her.

So, he endured the worst thing a father could. He watched his daughter teeter on the edge of life, time and time again, while knowing in his heart that she would leave him before long. It would take a miracle to protect her... And one day, a miracle came...

It was the sixth year, when Nani was eight years old. She was small, and thin, and fragile... And sick. She lay in bed on a cool spring night, her father sitting in a chair beside her bed like usual when she was ill, watching over her with a degree of paranoia. He was exhausted, his head bobbing as he struggled not to doze off... She had been sick for days, and he had barely slept the whole time, which had taken a toll on the fifty-some-year-old man. But he had to stay awake... he had to watch her, in case this was the last night he could spend with her. In case this was it. All he would get.

And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you...
And anywhere I would've followed you...

Say something...

But, as he would forever say from then onward, a miracle happened that night. Allen had been falling asleep, struggling to stay awake... He finally dozed slightly, but as he did, a little voice roused him.

"Papa...?" Nani croaked, her grey eyes open and looking up at him. "Papa?"

He jolted awake, looking down at her with a startled expression. He reached over to grasp her little hands, leaning over her. "Yes, I'm here..."

"I'm thirsty," the little girl told him, starting to shift into an upright position.

"W-wait, you're very sick, you need to... need... to..."

He had reached up to feel her head, expecting her to be burning up with a fever. Instead, he found her at an almost normal temperature, as though by some miracle her infection had died away in a matter of hours. Stunned, he sat there and stared at her, noticing that her face wasn't so flushed... and her eyes were brighter. And he knew. He knew that his miracle had finally come. It hadn't been when the child was born despite his and his wife's older age... his miracle was that she survived.

He pulled the eight-year-old into his arms, holding onto her and finally letting himself cry again for the first time in years. His daughter was going to live...

Thank you... Thank you, dear Aurora...

--------------

So yeah. o3o" A little bit on Nani and Gabe's back story. She was always a relatively sickly child, but began to get life-threatening chest infections and fevers when she was a toddler. Since supernatural abilities don't really start gaining strength until a child is a bit more grown, she endured years of being very sickly until, by some miracle... she cured herself. Her supernatural ability saved her life. ;u;

Gabe's first name is Allen. His family's last name is Gabriel, and he goes by "Old Gabe" nowadays. He sees Naomi's youth as a traumatizing experience, because he truly believed she would eventually die from her chronic illnesses, but when a supernatural ability of all things saved her, he acquired a unique view on supernaturals. He sees them as blessed, which is why he so strongly disagrees with the Sect trying to cure them. He comforts young supernaturals by telling them Nani's story, and reminding them that they have these abilities for a reason. He believes in fate and miracles and all that. <3
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Roxy: ....O_O
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Aw <3
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Feeeeeeells.... *dies* At first, I was confused with who Allen was, but then it made sense. ouo"

Aaron: *blinks* ... 

He doesn't really know how to take that....
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Can we rp guys? ^^'
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Yes feeeels... first dying feels with Jonah and now living feels with Nani... just skjvndfkjnboigb--! *dies*

Yeah, it was supposed to be a bit confusing at first, but then kinda hit you once you get towards the end. XD

Nani: Aaron? *tugs at his arm* You alright...?

Just don't let Julianne try to cure her, Aaron, and it's all good. ouo" There's a slight chance that she did "grow out of it" like the doctor said, but it's far from guaranteed.

Yes, we can RP... *migrates towards RP threads*
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Aaron: *snaps out of it* *hugs Nani* omo 

Now he's not gonna let her go. ouo" 

And I can't RP for long. Season 2 for Under the Dome is starting in a little over five minutes. ouo
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Nani: *hugs him tightly* It's alright... I promise... <3

Oooh, Season 2. eue Sil and I can poke around with Shay/Sandi/baby and Roneste. And stuff. o3o You like that idea, Sil? We need to work on the Roneste date. XD We keep losing posts for it.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Now he's kind of scared that she'll get sick during the night, even with her powers. 

Aaron: *hugs her tightly* 

YES SEASON TWO! *epically jumps off bed, does a front flip, and then falls down the stairs* I'M COMING! 8DDD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Awww, poor baby... oAo It's okay, Aaron...

Nani: *pets his hair*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:01 pm

*falls over* I just really really wanted to write... so this took me forever but I managed. I feel better now. owo

No good title, yaaay... XDDDD

------

"So, have you been shopping for things for the baby?" Keyah asked her daughter, standing at the sink as she washed some dishes from their lunch. Her husband had recently bought a new dishwasher, but some things Keyah didn't want to leave up to a machine to wash, like her beloved old cast-iron pans. Those she would still tend to by hand.

The hybrid sitting at the kitchen table just shrugged and said, "No, not really..." She was a young woman, somewhere in her early twenties. A college student, though she was on a very long break now, having to miss out on signing up for the latest semester because of the heavy thing on her lap; her own belly, distended with an unborn baby. She had to be at least seven months pregnant and quite big, though she didn't show any affection towards the baby she was going to bring into the world. She didn't even look at her stomach, instead gazing down at the familiar white-and-yellow checker pattern floor, her toes scratching at the grout between the tiles. 

"Michelle..." Keyah turned and looked over at her grown child, her voice calm as she gently scolded, "The baby will be here in another month and a half... you need to do more shopping by then. You said you were saving money, right? Don't you have enough by now?"

"I've been saving money, yeah... but not quite enough..." Michelle replied, poking at her plate as she nibbled at the last few bits of her pan-fried veggie roll. Her mother was a pretty good cook, and Michelle was eating for two, but when they actually talked about the little person in her womb, she got upset enough to not want to eat.

Keyah looked back at the pan in the sink, scrubbing it with a soapy, foamy sponge. "Well, maybe your father and I can get the crib for you, so you can use your money to buy more clothes. You should get some plastic baby bottles, too, maybe the little colored ones. They're pretty cute. And bibs, did you get bibs? And some pacifiers?"

"I've got some clothes and a few bottles and pacifiers... and a pack of diapers," Michelle replied, rising to her feet and carrying her dishes to the dishwasher, putting them into the machine. She spoke in an almost dismissive manner, her eyes blank with disinterest as she closed the dishwasher and went to get her purse. "I think I've stayed long enough, I need to get to work." She didn't even go to give her mother a hug or a kiss before leaving, instead just heading for the door. "Thanks for lunch... I'll call you later. Bye."

Keyah listened to the sound of the door closing, then sighed and shook her head as she started to rinse off the pan, "What am I supposed to do with you...?"

She did get some calls from her daughter, and another visit after two more weeks, but after that... she didn't hear from her for a while. It was not until early one Tuesday morning that she got another call. The digital alarm clock on the nightstand read 3:04 AM, and the sky was still pitch black outside, the stars smothered by a layer of cloud.

It was the ringing that woke Keyah up, and she lifted her head, tiredly reaching over to grab the phone on the nightstand to answer it. Sitting up and suppressing a yawn, she picked up and murmured, "Hello...?"

"Mom."

"Michelle!"

"Yeah... Listen, I'm at the hospital and I just had the baby."

Stunned, Keyah couldn't manage to answer. Her daughter had the baby?! "Wh-why didn't you call earlier? I would have met you at the--"

Her daughter interrupted her, saying in a clipped, blank voice, "I need you to come over here and sign the custody papers."

"C-custody papers?!"

"Yeah. Either you sign them or it's adoption."

"Wh-what are you saying?! Michelle, your baby--"

"It's not my baby."

Then she hung up. Keyah was shocked, holding the phone and listening to the flat tone, her eyes wide as she just stared into the darkness. She's not keeping it. That's why she didn't shop for it, doesn't talk about it, didn't even want to know if it was a boy or a girl... She doesn't want her baby. Why couldn't she have talked to me? Maybe I could have-- no... I need to go over there and get my grandchild before Michelle does something stupid.

"Wallace! Wallace, get up!" Keyah simply dropped the phone onto the mattress, turning to shake her husband awake. "Wallace, Michelle had the baby! Wake up!"

"H-hnuh?" The fox sat upright, his eyes still foggy with sleep.

Keyah quickly got out of bed, turning on the lamp on her nightstand as she continued panicking, "Wallace, Michelle had the baby, and she's not keeping it. We need to get over there and sign the papers before she puts the baby up for adoption."

Suddenly wide awake, Wallace just stared at his wife, watching the pangolin as she didn't even bother getting dressed. She just pulled on her shoes, apparently ready to go in her cotton shorts and tattered t-shirt she had worn to bed. Catching her sense of urgency, he hurried out of bed and started to pull on the nearest pair of shoes. He couldn't really believe what was happening... sure, Michelle was young to be having a child, and had to interrupt her schooling, but he and his wife hadn't been very old when they had her, either. Sh-she didn't say anything...

"Hurry," Keyah panted, grabbing her purse to get her car keys as she rushed from the bedroom. She was trying desperately not to break down, the keys jingling in her hand as she practically ran down the stairs to the front door of the small home she had lived in since her daughter was four years old.

Wallace was right behind her, the rust-colored fox's blue eyes wide with alarm. He didn't say anything to her as they rushed out of the house, into the night, then into their car. Within another minute, they were heading down the road, trying to get to the hospital as quickly as possible. Fortunately the weather was nice, and there wasn't exactly a lot of traffic at this hour, so they reached the hospital in only twenty minutes.

Then they were hurrying back out of their car, across the parking lot, and into the hospital. They rushed to the maternity ward, and Keyah hurried up to the service counter, looking at the nurse and pleading, "Michelle Brookes, my daughter... where is she? She called us, and it's very important..." The pangolin was terrified that Michelle had already given up her newborn baby, and that she and Wallace would never get to meet their first and possibly only grandchild.

"Brookes... She's right down this hallway. She had a baby boy. Congratulations," the nurse replied, not knowing that anything was wrong.

Keyah grabbed Wallace's hand, and the two rushed down the hallway to the room the nurse had pointed out. They slowed to a halt at the door, peering into the room. Inside was Michelle, laying in bed with a sheet draped over her significantly flatter abdomen. She was certainly no longer pregnant... Keyah wasn't sure if she could face her daughter. She raised a hand to her mouth, needing a moment. She really did. She had the baby here, by herself... all alone without its father or even us. And she doesn't want it... It was clear by the look on Michelle's face that she either wasn't bothered by the fact that she wanted to give her baby up, or she was forcing herself to get over it if she was. The baby wasn't even in the room with her.

"Chell, sweetheart?" Wallace was the first to get the courage to walk into the room and address his daughter. He walked over to her, trying to stay calm. "What... what are you thinking...?"

"I'm thinking that I don't want the baby... so I'm giving it up. You can have it, if you want it," she replied coolly, not meeting her father's eyes. The hybrid plucked up a clipboard and held it out to her father, "Sign this."

Keyah stepped forward, crying out, "He's not an object, Michelle! He's a baby! He's your baby!" She finally let some anger and tears show, furious and confused.

"But I don't want to be a mother!" Michelle yelled back, finally showing some sort of emotion. "I want to go back to school, and hang out with my friends, and spend money on cute clothes and at bars! I don't want to be stuck at home changing diapers! I want a life, Mom! A real life!"

"I had a real life with you, Chell! We had you when I was nineteen, younger than you are now! But we kept you, and we loved you, and we don't regret that decision at all! Not now, not ever!"

Michelle glared at her mother, seeming... angry. Very seriously angry. She then held the clipboard out again, threatening in a low voice, "You better sign this, Mother... because if you don't, he's going with the adoption agency."

After just staring at her daughter for a moment, Keyah reached over with shaking hands to take the clipboard. She took the pen stuck to it, and signed her name. She stared at the paper for a long moment, then noticed a nurse had come into the room to take it for their records. Keyah shakily handed it to her, and the nurse nodded; somehow, the rabbit woman didn't seem fazed by the shouting, as though situations like this had happened before. The nurse took the clipboard and left, while Michelle started getting up from the bed.

"Alright, I'm leaving..." Michelle said, having gotten what she wanted.

"L-leaving?" Keyah's voice was weak now, pitifully small as she watched her child prepare to leave the hospital mere hours after having a baby. She knew that the hospital couldn't legally force Michelle to stay unless they had good reason, and the young mother was perfectly fine after giving birth... er, no, she wasn't really a mother. Not legally anymore. She had given up the rights to her child with that paper she forced Keyah to sign.

Michelle walked out into the hallway, where another nurse was waiting with the discharge papers. She pulled on her jacket, signed the paper, and then just left... like it had been a mere doctor's appointment, not a huge life-changing event.

Desperate, Keyah ran out into the hallway, shouting, "Don't you walk out those doors, Chell! You can't take it back if you do!" Michelle kept walking. "Michelle!"

Wallace walked over and placed a hand on his wife's shoulder, his eyes dark with grief. He shook his head, murmuring, "It's over... She's not coming back..."

Grief-stricken, Keyah let out a soft sob and turned to embrace her husband. She hid her face against his shoulder, and he hugged her tightly, trying to reassure her. The couple stood there like that for a few minutes, trembling and utterly shocked. Keyah closed her eyes, whispering, "Why...? Why didn't she talk to me about this? Why did she had to pressure us and then just go...?"

"I guess to make sure we couldn't talk her out of it..." Wallace said quietly. He knew his daughter... She was defiant, independent, and liked to be in control of her life. Even if it meant giving up her newborn son and alienating her parents.

A nurse approached the couple, asking gently, "Would you like to meet your grandson? You'll need to sign his birth certificate, after you decide on a name."

She didn't even name him... Keyah winced a little, but then nodded. "Y-yes... we'd like very much to see him..."

"Follow me, please."

The nurse led them down the hallway, to the nursery where the newborns were cleaned up and given a thorough examination. There were several babies there, some of them crying while nurses tried to give them their first bath, and others sleeping peacefully in the little plastic incubators lined up behind the large observation window.

The Brookes were led inside, to a particular incubator on the far left of the nursery. Wrapped up in a little blue blanket was a baby boy with the same russet fur both Wallace and Michelle had, with a curl of grey hair on his tiny head. His eyes were closed, and he seemed half-asleep, but he still squirmed and let out the occasional brief cry, as though somehow knowing in his little heart that he had been abandoned by his mother the moment he was born. 

Gently lifting the baby from the incubator, the nurse turned to hand him to Keyah. "Here... he's a beautiful boy, big and healthy. He weighs seven pounds, ten ounces."

Keyah took the baby from the nurse, gently cradling her grandson in her arms. Looking down at his precious face, she found it hard to believe that her daughter had actually given him up... Had she even looked at him when he was born?

"Is he all fox?" Wallace asked the nurse, since the only part of the baby they could see was his head. Michelle was a half-and-half hybrid between a fox, like her father, and a pangolin, from her mother. They had no idea who the father was, so it was impossible to tell what other traits the baby might have developed.

"Mostly. He has a tail like yours, though," the nurse replied, gesturing to Keyah. "And some scales on his back. I'd guess that he is mostly fox with a bit of... ah..."

"Pangolin," Keyah explained, nodding. She then looked down at the baby again, gently rocking him a little in hopes of quieting his nervous cries. "Shhh, little boy... it's alright..."

Wallace looked at the baby over his wife's shoulder, actually managing a small smile. "He's beautiful. Looks a lot like his mom and granddaddy..."

"He sure does..." she agreed, though the grey hair must have come from his father. Perhaps he was a grey fox? It made sense. "I wish he'd open his eyes for me to see, though..."

Her husband leaned his head against hers, holding her and the baby close to him. "He will soon... What should we call him? Did Michelle ever mention any names she liked?"

Keyah tried to think, now, looking back on all the conversations she had with her daughter. "She mentioned a few girls' names... but we can't use any of them... Wait! She liked Greyson, I think. If she meant it when she said it, she said she liked the name Greyson."

"Then let's call him Greyson..." Wallace suggested, thinking maybe Keyah would feel better if she felt like their daughter had chosen her baby's name. "Then what about his middle name?"

"Can we name him after you? Greyson Wallace Brookes?"

"If that's what you want..."

"Then that's his name. Greyson Wallace Brookes..." Keyah decided, looking down at the baby and gently petting his cheek with one fingertip. The baby opened his mouth, apparently expecting to be fed by now. He then started to cry as though he was now aware that someone was there to take care of him and would actually give him what he needed.

The nurse appeared again, this time with a bottle, as though she had seen this coming. She smiled and handed it to Keyah, murmuring, "He'll have to make do with bottles... We can suggest some good formula for you to buy for him once he's discharged."

"Thank you..." Keyah murmured, taking the bottle and sitting in one of the available rocking chairs settled near the wall of the dim nursery. She gently rocked in the chair, giving her grandson his first bottle while Wallace protectively stood over them, watching over her and Greyson... They were a bit worried about all the things they would need to do to take care of their grandson, like buying all the baby supplies, but they had been parents before... Keyah knew that they would be alright. She had a beautiful baby boy in her arms, his eyes peeping open a little as he drank his first bottle... hazy violet irises the same as her own gazed back at her. Eyes like her own and Michelle's.

Oh, Michelle... Someday, you'll realize your mistake...

-----

Yeah. o3o Greyson was raised by his grandparents. I gave his grandmother an African name, since she's a pangolin, which are mainly from Africa and a relatively uncommon race. Then his grandfather has a name that I couldn't help but like. XD Wallace. Yes.

But his momma wanted to live a free, partying college life... and didn't want him. ;~; My headcanon is that throughout Greyson's childhood, Keyah would take pictures and videos of him, and send them to her daughter, but would never hear back from her. Michelle just kind of vanished from their lives after the day she gave Greyson up, and never once came to see him. He was mostly a happy kid, though in his adolescence he went through a bit of an angsty time because his mom didn't want him, but his grandparents got him through it.

They love their Grey, who is nothing like his mother... ouo" He's just too happy and spastic. How can you not love him? He's a hilarious kid, too... I'll need to write some random scenes from his childhood. Like I have this scene in my head of the first few months he is home with his grandparents, and he randomly starts giggling at seemingly nothing. XD Keyah and Wallace end up laughing with him because there's just this adorable little baby laughing for no apparent reason. He brings happiness wherever he goes. <3
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Hnnnnnngggg--! *just lies on the floor, feels absolutely shattered* ;~;
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:16 pm

I KNOW, RIGHT?! ;A;?!

Greyson: Mommy didn't love me... *sad for a moment, but then strikes one of his epic poses* BUT I PROMISE TO BE THE MOST LOVING PARENT EVER ONCE I HAVE BABIES! *single tear*

He's got this.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Goddammit Greyson..... XD I really want to know where the hell he got all his spazz from.... 

Tina: *kind of sad from the story, but just can't help but laugh at that* 

He's definitely got this. XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Greyson: *grabs Tina and hugs her* I SWEAR I WILL LOVE YOU AND OUR BABIES FOREVER!

Yeah... sometimes I wonder where he got his spazz... maybe his unknown father. XD
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Maybe..... XD 

Do you know what happened to his mother? Or like, a headcannon or something? 

Tina: I have no doubts.... Actually, I never had. ^^"
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:35 pm

His mother simply alienated herself from the family, and transferred to a distant school. She likely wasn't even in Kolerin when the Sect struck. o3o She pretty much vanished from her family's lives, never calling or visiting, avoiding Greyson like he was an awful thing that happened to her. It's depressing the way she sees her son, and if she ever happens to come into the story, that'll be one hell of a drama-bomb.

Greyson: *petting Tina's hair* <3

... Seriously. How did a she produce that? XD
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Holy shit.... It really would. She's probably not even in the bloody country. I wonder what her reaction would be to knowing about how her son is in the Kolerin Civil war. 

Tina: *hugs him* ^^ 

I have no flipping clue. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolerin Story Page
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next