The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Kolerin planning page

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

Kolerin planning page Empty
PostSubject: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 8:49 pm

Since I'm not sure were we stand as far as this first idea being what we have decided or not, I figure i'll go ahead and elaborate on it anyway because I have time.

Themes

Man vs Self (Great amount)
Man vs Man (Good amount)
Man vs Environment (Fair amount)
Man vs Society (Good amount)

As explanation, well, I wanted to steer a little bit away from adding a whole lot of what we had before. Which was primarily Man vs Society. So to make things a little different and more mature, this idea focuses on a balance of the four but mainly touches on Man vs Self. Meaning there will be a lot of focus on our character's morals, feelings, and how they contradict others. I suggest you let your characters change and develop too, to keep them from getting 'boring'. (They can change before even adding them to the rp)
"A character must overcome his own nature or make a choice between two or more paths - good and evil; logic and emotion."

Remember though, if we do use this idea it will not just be man vs. self but a combination.
----------------------------------------------------

Introduction

This is just how you can say your character returned to kolerin. This is kind of just in case we decide to keep the Evenstell development. (I know it MIGHT affect character development to take it out, like things you may not remember until we start then it could just become a headache to work out)

- Your character has been in kolerin for as long as they can remember, and now they would like to return because it is so familiar.
-Your character has family in kolerin
-Your character has been offered a job opportunity nearby
-Your character just wanted to visit to check on the sentimental forest and find it is in rough shape, therefore your character becomes concerns and stays longer than intended.
-Your character is lonely as fuck and knows a friend who is returning so your character decides to return too.
-Your character is still technically a highschool student and wants to go back to the town Redwillow's highschool.
- Or any other idea you may come up with

REMEMBER, if you have a character you simply don't want to use anymore then it would totally make sense to just assume they went a different path. You can leave it at that or expand.

----------------------------------------------------

New features:

To make the rp different and full of opportunities, I propose the following. (Open to addition, removal, and changes.)

In progress

----------------------------------------------------------

Plot change??:

I originally said Kolerin held life in balance for the entire world, which is maybe too drastic. So I was like, hey, since characters with powers are already linked to it somehow, then it could just affect them

essentially it would only affect certain supernaturals. Like the ones from Blueglow/lightbringer descent

It would degrade them over a short period of time basically. and oh, well I was thinking there would be lots of different views so that would cause conflict.  Others have reasons for 'harming' kolerin, like studying it for the better of mankind since it's so special. The question would be, who is right?

is the sacrifice of one justified for the greater good of many?

Last edited by Cay on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Sorry for my sudden silence, guys. Started to get really sick two days ago and have been in a lot of pain since. Possibly have some kind of infection in my guts so I've been given prescription antibiotics and stuff... The return of "Chirpy is one fragile little duckling" issues. XD

But! I can try to have input if I'm kept in the loop. I'm only half-dead, not fully dead. XD The pain is legit, though, so I'll be a bit sporadic with any activity or willingness to chat here or on Skype. Mood gets really bad when the pain intensifies but then gets cheery when it subsides. Kinda bipolar for the moment.

What decisions have been made so far? And what questions must yet be answered? I'm sure we could all use some brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Nothing, really... Cay is expanding on her first idea, and that's really it so far, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
Nothing, really... Cay is expanding on her first idea, and that's really it so far, I guess.
Oh uh, maybe you misunderstood on what I mean't when I messaged you on skype? I was asking since no one seemed to be interested in me coming up with anymore ideas that I would move on and choose the one everyone seemed most interested in. 

It's just that I added another idea and was going to continue adding more but then no one had any comments on it so I assumed you all just wanted to go with the first one?

Idk, I feel like there is a lack of communication going on. lol XD also I gave more ideas on the first one when y'all said it was too vague... Then no one said if it was better now or what not.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Which I also understand now that Chirp just hasn't been feeling well enough to get online to say anything. But idk about you Blue? I'm sorry if I misunderstood. I just assumed that since you never said much when I updated, that you didn't really care much? Which i'm ok with, it's just that if you aren't and you have opinions, well I'd like you to share them! :3
 because otherwise i'm going to revamp it on my own without it you know?
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm

Chirpingsong wrote:
Sorry for my sudden silence, guys. Started to get really sick two days ago and have been in a lot of pain since. Possibly have some kind of infection in my guts so I've been given prescription antibiotics and stuff... The return of "Chirpy is one fragile little duckling" issues. XD

But! I can try to have input if I'm kept in the loop. I'm only half-dead, not fully dead. XD The pain is legit, though, so I'll be a bit sporadic with any activity or willingness to chat here or on Skype. Mood gets really bad when the pain intensifies but then gets cheery when it subsides. Kinda bipolar for the moment.

What decisions have been made so far? And what questions must yet be answered? I'm sure we could all use some brainstorming.
It's fine! I was wondering if you just didn't feel like saying anything or if you weren't feeling well. Glad you're feeling well enough to check in. But don't feel pressured to come online or anything! (Any decisions I have to make on my own won't be final until everyone is active and affirming everything. We will certainly wait for you!)

I do find myself to be sort of on my own(which is OK, just a little confusing because idk who wants to have some say in how this turns out???besides you of course XD) and mostly my goal of the past two weeks was to brainstorm while also figuring out who was still interested and if there was anything I could add in to make them more interested. I have also been expanding on the first idea and planning to make that what we were going to focus on, likely being the idea we use... But Blue has got me all confused. XD

But I do have a question that I working on answering, can't seem to get anyone's opinions on it... Basically is there a time or event that would make sense for my characters to have been believed dead? If nothing happened then I could just add something in and we could say it did. If so then I am unsure or what could have happened, since I was totally out of the story at the time so idk what threats and dangers were involved at the time. XD so if you have idea suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 pm

SOOOO yeah I thought we decided on using the first idea. Is that a no? If not I can just go back and continue adding more ideas but I need Blue to tell me her opinions on everything.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 pm

I didn't realize you were updating this page... I just read it now. I'm liking the 'Person VS. Self' theme significantly. It's always fun fucking up your characters.

I'm not against the first idea, and I didn't mean to confuse you. However, I'm still not sure what I feel towards it. I wouldn't mind getting into a Skype call/group to throw around ideas and such.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Tbh, I will admit, I kind of feel lowkey dead inside to Kolerin ever since it died in January, which is kind of why I haven't really been posting lately. But I'll try to help you out, Cay, and give it another chance.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
I didn't realize you were updating this page... I just read it now. I'm liking the 'Person VS. Self' theme significantly. It's always fun fucking up your characters.

I'm not against the first idea, and I didn't mean to confuse you. However, I'm still not sure what I feel towards it. I wouldn't mind getting into a Skype call/group to throw around ideas and such.
Oh no, I mean't the OTHER page. XD I just updated the this one last night. I was updating the other page pretty frequently.

LOL so true.

I knew you weren't against it, I just wasn't sure if you were okay on moving on with it and basically saying "this is what we'll use". :3

I'd be happy to chat over skype. I'll message you when I notice you're online.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
Tbh, I will admit, I kind of feel lowkey dead inside to Kolerin ever since it died in January, which is kind of why I haven't really been posting lately. But I'll try to help you out, Cay, and give it another chance.
That's OK. I kinda figured lol. You don't seem very interested.

if you just aren't interested in giving it another chance then don't feel pressured to. I'd be thrilled to you help out. It is very unlikely that it will just die like it did, because i'll be here with all my free time posting like the old days lol I'll keep it active if no one else does.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't mind helping out, and maybe I'll get back into the swing of things.

With the other page, it was just kind of hard seeing if you updated the page because of the extra info, but it's okay. ^^' I get what you mean.

...Goddammit. XD
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind helping out, and maybe I'll get back into the swing of things.

With the other page, it was just kind of hard seeing if you updated the page because of the extra info, but it's okay. ^^' I get what you mean.

...Goddammit. XD
Cool! XD hopefully!

Ikr :/ that's the main reason I wanted to make a separate page that was more organized. XDDD the other one is kinda a mess.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah... ouo'
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:16 pm

Would right now be an ok time for me to message you on skype? Or we could just talk here if you prefer.. X3
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:18 pm

We could talk for a bit on Skype, too. I'm gonna study in a little bit, in case if I suddenly don't respond for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Ok! Ill pop over there, then. I've been thinking about changing the main plot idea a little to make it more... interesting? idk a good word to describe it with XDDD
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Just thought of something else to consider-- maybe I could make a ranking system w/ rewards and things to encourage activity? Just a thought. opinions?
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 11:18 pm

To be honest, I don't really think it's necessary... You shouldn't need rewards for activity, unless it has practical uses in RP. I wouldn't want you to stress out making 'rewards' for us for simply showing up on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Yeah, I agree with Blueh... If it was a large group open to a lot of people, rewards are cool. But for a private one it just seems silly. Pluto has reasons for being unavailable, too, so it wouldn't be fair to him.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Yeah I see where you're coming from.
I am not sure what I think of it, it wouldn't really be rewarding you for showing up, more like if you do certain things in rp/for the rp then you get 'rewarded'. Like it would activity related though. 

It has it's positives and negatives-- could be useful for keeping things interesting, or it could be a waste of time if no one winds up using it. *shrug* i've seen a lot  of rp groups that are successful use it. But that may be because well, it works for larger rp groups but for a small rp group that consists of about five people... Well. XD
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Chirpingsong wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Blueh... If it was a large group open to a lot of people, rewards are cool. But for a private one it just seems silly. Pluto has reasons for being unavailable, too, so it wouldn't be fair to him.
Mm, yeah thats what I just noticed XD we are pretty small.
Back to top Go down
Cay
Devashroud Apprentice
Devashroud Apprentice
Cay

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO DEFEAT
THE HUNS
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Therefore, I vote against it. I don't see the point.

DID THEY SEND ME DAUGHTERS
WHEN I ASKED
FOR SONS
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:37 pm

RHYMING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin planning page   Kolerin planning page Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolerin planning page
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next