The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Kolerin Story Page

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Laura: V-violent...? o.o'

Sasha: Does he get pervy, too? eue Hehehehe...

Down girl, down! D8< Stahp invading my conversations!

Sasha: But that's no fuuuuun... *pout*

Nani: Well, at least Aaron won't get badly drunk... ^^ Drunk people are kinda scary. I always get scared that they'll fall down somewhere and get hurt!

You... you are just... so... Nani... XD
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Roy: *sweatdrop* 

Well Sasha..... He does. ouo" And it's funny because not an ounce of seduction is on normal Roy, so he pretty much has a complete personality switch. You're welcome. And this is also why Roy wouldn't drink a lot-- unless Stone or Sue are on the premises, then it's not that bad. He's a wine person anyway, so it would take a lot of low alcohol content wine to get him going. XD

Roy: *grumbles* 

DON'T MAKE ME GET YOU DRUNK AGAIN! YOU WERE ONCE, AND YOU ALMOST DIED BECAUSE YOU PISSED OFF A SHIT TON OF PEOPLE! 

Roy: >n<" 

Aaron: *facepalms* 

And yes, she is so Nani..... What the hell..... XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Laura: O-oh dear... omo'

Now Roy seriously needs to get drunk sometime! XDDDD I need to see this... The Roy I know is a sweetie-pie unless in the middle of battle, I've never seen the cocky jerkface version.

Laura: Please don't... ^^' Please... seriously...

You're more awkward than him. e3e I dare you to wear a bathing suit in front of him. I know you enjoy swimming.

Laura: B-but... swimming suits are so... um... I-I couldn't...

Nani: Oooh, I like swimming! o7o Can we go swimming?

She is so derp just... *laughs* XDDD

EJ: *stares at the water, clinging to Rachel* No please... OmO'

Big baby! Rachel will help you.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:11 pm

I'll be sure to write Drunk!Roy sometime.... It'll be fun. Especially since he can do a shit ton of stuff I didn't think was possible regular Roy could do. XD 

Roy: I 'ate you. 

The good news is that red wine can actually prevent cancer (the grapes have something in them that can regulate blood vessels (there was a TedTalk about this)), so he has that going for him. o3o" 

AND OH MY GOD, EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO SWIMMING NOW! 

Roy: Um.... o////o" 

I feel your pain with bathing suits, Laura. My mom makes me get all these fucking string bakinis, but I hate wearing them. eme 

Aaron: ....eue 

And now you've gotten Aaron going. Good job. XD 

And ah yes.... Water is a conductor for electricity unless it's pure..... :p 

Rachel: ono?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Ah, yes. It is said you can have red wine and dark chocolate to help with heart health, which my mom and I find hilarious. XD Chocolate and wine, it just wins!

AND YES! *flails* To have some fun, a bunch of characters need to all go swimming together. XD It'll be fun and hilarious... And I hate bathing suits in general... ouo" Unless Nani is wearing them and being totally oblivious while all the guys stare. XD

Nani: *runs around in a bikini* Wooo! Swimming! Yay! Let's play Marco Polo! o7o

Greyson: *dramatically rips off his clothes, some swim shorts magically underneath them* I AM A SWIMMING MASTER!

EJ: *still clinging to Rachel* Hold me... ;A;

Greyson: Don't worry, EJ, I'll teach you to swim! *starts dragging him away*

EJ: No no no no no no! *freaking out like a little girl*

Laura: Uuhh... ouo" Interesting... *whispers to Roy* They're nuts.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Oh wow.... But maybe not the red wine. Because it helps regulate and shrink down blood vessels, it can cause heart attacks. But I dunno about the dark chocolate, but it sounds nice. XD 

YES PLEASE I WANNA DO THIS REALLY BAD. *flails* And Nani needs to be oblivious with all the guys staring. She can take it. XD 

And oh my God... Roy's gonna look fucking pathetic compared to some of the other guys. XD 

Aaron: e//u//e

Tina: S-swimming...? 

She' like Laura-- she hates bathing suits. But she loves swimming. XD 

Rachel: Greyson! oAo *runs after him* Give 'im back! 

Roy: *whispers back* Yep. eno" And to be 'onest, I'm not zat beeg of a fan of sweemmeeng....
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Prologue

A war had begun brewing in the borderless eastern lands around the year 3105, with the uprising of a group who simply called themselves the Sect. This Sect was a group of elite scientists, primarily, all with the same heinous goal...

“The occult must be stopped! We cannot allow supernatural practices to continue, or else put the common people at risk. Every day on the streets, the extramundane are wreaking havoc, taking advantage of the smaller peoples in their own selfish pursuits. An end must be put to this tyranny, and we at the Sect seek to find a way to cure people of their supernatural diseases, to bring the world the equality it so desires.” The voices of the Sect were loud and clear, though at first unheard. Eventually, though, more people began to rally to these calls... People who had been hurt by supernaturals, or those who were extramundane themselves and wanted to be cured. 

However, just as it met support, the Sect also met opposition. Riots broke out in front of the Sect’s science institutions, and even scientists who were not involved with this organization were interrogated by the public and watched with a wary eye. There really was no government to control the situation, hence why the eastern lands were known as being “borderless.” They still failed to belong to any particular nation, simply consisting of scattered towns and cities made from emigrants who left the bordering countries, as well as what remained of the old tribal lands. Thus, the violence continued, until the Sect began to push back. It began with hiring soldiers to protect the science institution... then hiring mercenaries and bounty hunters to capture or assassinate those leading the upsets. 

The Sect bribed and threatened those with important skills, quickly adding to its ranks using dirty tactics. Eventually, it was not the little supernaturals out on the streets who were being bullies... rather, a much larger threat began to form in the Sect itself. Its goals went from helping the mundane to controlling the area, as it was forced to take actions to prevent those who opposed it from destroying it. 

Practically overnight, the Sect formed its own government, laid down borders of control, and labeled its newfound nation under the name of the Sanctioned Republic, later to be nicknamed the S.R. Its somewhat sarcastic name seemed to mock the towns and cities it suddenly deemed as its possessions, and the citizens rioted more than ever before. 

Fires were lit on the night of May 9th, 3112, and the riots began. Masses of people charged the Sect institutions, and in retaliation the hired mercenaries opened fire on huge crowds of civilians. Hundreds lost their lives in one night under the barrels of Sect guns, and the remaining people of the Sanctioned Republic were quieted, but not silenced.  

A rebel party began to form under the leadership of a small council of people, about half of which were supernaturals themselves. A small army was formed, and this time instead of just rioting, they attacked-- an all-out war was called, and the supernaturals stormed the institutions once more, using their forsaken abilities to maim and even kill the Republic soldiers. The fighting began on the evening of May 17th, 3112, and ended on the morning of May 18th. By the time the last blow was dealt, two Sect institutions had fallen, and thousands of people, both rebel and Republic, lost their lives. The massive bloodshed on that night announced the beginning of what the rest of the world would come to call the War of the Sanctioned.

The rebel council rallied again, and selected their senior member to become the very first leader of their own government. They claimed the two cities that held the fallen Sect institutions, and the land around them; the cities were Redwillow and Mierdia, the first of which became the capital of the new nation. The name of their nation was one that held as much a dark meaning as the Republic’s... Pantheon.

To the neighboring nations’ surprise, Pantheon was not immediately crushed beneath the feet of the much larger S.R., and rather continued gaining power and growing. Though still smaller than its rival, the nation has increased in size from two mere towns to a large swath of land large enough to truly call an independent country. It began to stand a chance... 

The story of what followed in the years after would forever be marked in history books for the anthropomorphic peoples of planet Summanus to remember. However, history books never tell the entire story, so I will tell you now... the entire truth of what happened during the War of the Sanctioned, starting with September of the year 3117, five years after the war began...

-----

Yeah, it's really short, but it works... *shrug* I might change it later, but for now this is what I've got. I'm more concerned with the actual chapters right now than the prologue. XD
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Holy crap.... Wow..... Damn. I still really wanna know their 'senior member', and what happens to them really badly.... *flails and falls over*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:10 pm

You shall soon... e3e Sooooooooon... But first Lauroy married moments. o7o
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:12 pm

.....OH MY GOD YES! *squeals and falls over* OKAY, I CAN WAIT. MAYBE. 

Roy: o///o...?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:16 am

Lightning

------------------------

The sound of distant thunder woke him as a cold wind rushed over him, ruffling the fluffy hair that hung over his sharp yellow eyes as they slowly opened. He was laying in an open field of long, half-dead grass that swayed in the breeze, the browning stems whispering against one another, barely heard beyond the rumbling of thunder and the rush of the wind. He sat up, propped up on his hands as he gazed around the field. Beyond the grass were trees, the entire forest trembling as though cold from the wind, though not a drop of rain fell, and not a bolt of lightning flashed.

Calm, albeit a little concerned, the adolescent rose to his feet. His concern was not about the pending storm, but rather his location... He had no idea where he was, or how he had gotten there. He didn't think he recognized this place... or maybe he did. The trees seemed familiar, or perhaps they were just like any other trees he had seen before.

Either way, he found himself gravitating towards them, walking with his head held high, ears erect, eyes wide... Though the forest around him trembled, he didn't so much as give a tiny shiver, the cold winds failing to cut through him.

He was slowly becoming more aware of his situation, though still felt dazed in a sense... He could scarcely recall his life prior to him being here, as though he was in some sort of dream or mental fog. He couldn't even remember his name at the moment. The youth's confusion melted away when he became distracted; he paused, standing just beyond the shadows of the trees as he listened. He could hear a voice softly echoing from deep within the forest... A woman's voice, her words woven into a lament, her singing just loud enough to be heard but her words unintelligible... Though her bittersweet tone was clear, as though she was grieving... Grieving, but rejoicing at the same time.

Entering the trees, the boy began moving towards the voice, tilting his head back to look up at the trees. He felt so small... Smaller and smaller, as he moved deeper into the woodland and the trees around him steadily increased in size. He did not grow tired, nor cold, but he was getting frustrated with the pants he wore. The boy paused, pulling the pants off-- they were loose and baggy, and he kept tripping over them. Once they were off, the boy stood there, holding them in his hands as another chill breeze swept over him. He didn't feel bothered by the cold, and his shirt hung low over his legs almost like a dress, so he decided to leave the clothing behind. He deposited the pants underneath the bush next to him, deciding to come back for it later if he needed them. Then he resumed his walk.

The woman's voice was growing steadily louder as he neared the source. The boy could decipher a slight tune now, and found himself humming to it, his voice easily hitting the higher notes as he parted his lips and instead sung along wordlessly, mimicking the notes and syllables though he still couldn't decipher the words. He could hear the thunder rolling over his head, but he wasn't afraid... The song comforted him, and he kept walking along with a calm sureness, as though each time his paw touched the leaves underfoot, he became even more confident in his forest trek.

He looked up at the trees that loomed over him, craning his neck to stare up at the trembling tops. He could see dark grey clouds behind the shivering leaves, and wondered if the trees felt cold... Could they feel cold? The boy paused next to one of the trees, listening to it groan as its branches waved around in the wind, its leaves battered by rainless air. Then he took off his socks and tied them around a low-hanging twig, hoping it would keep the tree's little woody fingers warm.

Wearing nothing but his own fur and a loose t-shirt that hung on his body like a dress, the boy resumed his walk, starting to sing along with the woman's voice again as he walked. He still couldn't hear the words she spoke, but he thought she sounded a little less sad now... Maybe she heard him singing, and was comforted by it. He would understand if she was lonely out here in the woods.

The boy kept singing as he walked, though occasionally he had to stop for breath, especially when he came across an obstacle like a tree trunk. Everything seemed so big now, and he wondered if he was just tired, and things seemed bigger... It was even hard to step over the roots of the trees now, they were so large.

He walked for several minutes, he guessed, or maybe it was longer. It was difficult to tell, but the woman's voice was getting louder. He could catch a few of the words she sang, his ears quivering as they tried to catch every note of her song. He couldn't remember where he came from, all he knew is that he was going there... to the singing woman. He didn't know why, but he was rather confident in his decision, yet patient to get there. The boy had a feeling she wouldn't be going anywhere, and as long as he could hear her voice, he knew he wouldn't get lost.

The hem of his shirt was brushing against the tops of his bare paws as he walked now, and he glanced down when he first felt it. It was quite dark out now, and though his black paw blended in with the shadows of the forest, the white one seemed to glow.

He smiled a bit, forgetting his concern about the loose-fitting shirt, and resumed his walk once more. He was getting close, he knew it... He could now hear the words to the woman's song, and he found himself singing the words, though he wasn't entirely sure of their meaning, and he probably said some of them wrong.

"I know you tired of walking on you little feet...
But I wait long time for us to meet...
It been a long time since I see
You standing next to me...

Keep walking on you little feet...
It won't be long time till us meet...
And I will get to see
My little E..."

Her voice was now so clear, and he heard his own voice falter as he stopped singing. The boy stood behind a tree, pressing his little hands against the bark and peering around the trunk to see if he could spot the singing woman.

She was there, just beyond him, sitting on a wide, short tree stump. Her soft auburn hair hung in her face, teased by the cold wind that still blew through the trees, but she didn't seem cold... She wasn't wearing anything at all, her striped light brown fur being the only thing keeping her warm. Her dark-tipped tail was draped over her lap, and she gently stroked the fur, smoothing and combing it with her fingers as she sang her song, her yellow eyes gazing down at the grass that swayed ay her feet... Her eyes glistened with tears, and he wondered if she was sadder than he first thought.

Cautiously, the boy stepped out from behind the tree, creeping closer to the woman. He clasped his hands together at his chest, the hem of his shirt brushing against the grass while the neck draped loosely around him, his shoulders too narrow to hold it up properly. He had to tug at the fabric to keep it on, his little fingers clutching at the white cotton as he kept his hands pressed to his chest.

The woman's voice faded off as she finished singing her song one last time, her lips lingering on the last words, "My... little... E..."

She then startled the boy by looking up, her gaze falling on him as she smiled, as though she had been expecting him. The woman shifted, turning to face him, though she stayed seated on her tree stump. Her white muzzle glowed faintly in the lowlight, as did her eyes, and she reached one slim hand out towards the boy as she murmured, "You must be tired after all this time..."

Suddenly, he did feel tired. And cold! He wrapped his tiny arms around himself, shivering and hanging his head as he tiredly padded towards the woman on stiff, fatigued little legs, "Mm-hmm..."

The woman reached to him with both hands, gently lifting him up onto her lap. She cradled him against her, and he felt warm and safe in her arms, curled up into a little ball with his long, white-tipped tail wound around his legs. He pressed his face against the woman's thick-furred chest, his little nose feeling very cold, but he was aware of the woman standing up. She shifted him in her arms to accommodate his small weight as she rose up. She looked down at the sleepy child in her arms and smoothed his thick black hair, which stuck up all over his head despite her attempts. She uttered a faint laugh behind closed lips, then bent her head to nuzzle the tiny boy's forehead... He was so small, and fragile... Just like she remembered. 

"It won't be cold much longer..." she promised, and carefully tore the back of his shirt with the claws of one hand. The fabric fell apart at her touch, exposing his back. There, pressed tightly to his shoulder blades, were two small, downy appendages. The woman traced her fingers along them, one by one, encouraging them to open into tiny white wings, still fluffy and useless for flight like any baby bird's.

The boy let out a faint whimper, and she quickly laid her hand on his head, rubbing at his little ears in a comforting manner as she murmured, "Shhh... Don't worry. I'll carry you now."

As the child quieted, she held him tighter in her arms, and extended her own large, shimmering pair of white wings. She neatly stepped off of the tree stump, but her paws never touched the ground, the tips of the grass tickling her toes... Then she was rising upward, towards the storm clouds hovering over the shivering forest. Fearless, her red hair whipping around her head, she rose up into the clouds, the cold and wet never touching her skin. She could feel her son shifting in her arms, and as they broke into the space above the clouds, she heard another roll of thunder, and the sky was suddenly illuminated by a blinding flash of light...

--------

Sort of a portrayal of EJ entering the afterlife. He regresses in age as the story goes on, starting as his current age and ending at the age he was when Terra died, which was only about two or three years old (though he was very small for a child his age). I dunno, the story makes little sense, it's just kind of a bit of an innocent/dark story thing to let out some feelings I'm experiencing.

The walk through the forest symbolizes his journey to the afterlife, which Terra then finishes for him because he is too small and weak to complete it himself. The singing is there because that's where EJ got his love of singing-- his mother, who used to sing to him all the time when he was young. Even though she is gone, she still guides him through life without him even knowing it, because of how much he takes after her. So the fact that she then guides him through death, in such a calm, accepting manner, is rather symbolic, as is the fact that he regresses in age until he is a child again. In a sense, EJ has the heart of a small child, and only his intelligence keeps him from thinking even trees can get cold, and might need a pair of socks...

Yeah... I'm sort of caught in a state of acceptance and yet grief at the same time... I can't tell what's going on with my emotions, so cue random story inspired by Zelda orchestral music.
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Flare: Lucky....

Quiet you! EJ shall never die damn it!

Flare: I've always wanted to die and then EJ dies...Time to give all of my soul to Death to get EJ back...-_-
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:23 pm

To the next paaage!
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Derp
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Come on too much scrollingggggg--!
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:24 pm

HallafoalakoalaBEAR!
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

How many posts is this gonna take...? XD

I WANNA WRITE A STORY ON PAGE 7 DAMMIT!
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Seeeveeeennnnnnn....
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm

XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Gawwwwwwd...
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

OI! 

PAGE SEVEN! 

GET YO ASS OVER HERE!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

THERE WE GO
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Yay! o7o Okay we got it!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:26 pm

So, what're you gonna write? ouo?
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:36 pm

A lyric story that suddenly came to me while I was listening to music. owo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolerin Story Page
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next