The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Oh mai... This is new...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:34 pm

(A character limit seems unrealistic, considering how many I've made that are secondary/background characters. ^^' It seems hypocritical to try to make a limit. Maybe a limit to how many you should make at once, in succession? Like, don't make a new character, and then make another, and then another, and forget about them. Only make new characters if you can give them some sort of purpose, even if they are not used often. Ruth is a side character, but she has a purpose.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:35 pm

(Okay, that does sound better.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 pm

(A brief explination, Dynamokinesis is the control over kinetic and potential energy. Picture Roy and Tina's powers combined basically.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:47 pm

(Do you mean momentum?)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 pm

(Bingo. Dynamokinesis is the technical term for it.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 pm

(... I'll just call it control over momentum. XD I comprehend that better. Big words are still scary sometimes, even though I'm in college.

Anywho... any other ideas for potential rules?)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:01 pm

(Um... I don't really have any right now, to be honest.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:02 pm

( *thinks* C'mon brain... *continues thinking* XP I got nothing.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:48 pm

(So, here's what I have...)

1) Of course, be polite and courteous to all members here. We do things as a group and respect one another. Disagreements will crop up, but they should be handled civilly.

2) Swearing is okay, but try not to be dropping f-bombs in every post.

3) No graphic scenes involving sexual activity or excessive gore/violence.

4) There is no tolerance for anything having to do with sexual assault. Do not include it in RP, writing, and please avoid it in backstories. It's okay to have a "creepy" character who can get too up close and personal (like Sven was), but no actual sexual assault please. We have some young members here, and it's just overstepping a boundary. We're trying to keep things PG-13, here.

5) Avoid "anime physics." Throwing people into walls and having them be okay, demolishing buildings in one fell swoop, sending people flying, etc. Try to keep physics somewhat realistic, even though this is a fantasy/sci-fi RP.

6) Powers are limited to 2-3 per person, and should not be "OP." No being able to control other people's minds/bodies, etc. Your character can have up to 2 powers if they are unrelated (like having an elemental ability and healing), or up to 3 if they are closely-related powers (telepathy, telekinesis, and going "ethereal," all psychic-type powers).

7) When designing characters, try to avoid going overboard with the colors and such. No lime green cats with pink stripes, orange hair, blue wings, and purple eyes. Tone down the colors and try to only use 1 or 2 unrealistic colors per character. (Slightly unrealistic colors, like an ice blue, are sort of middle-ground. Characters who are birds or part-bird may of course be more colorful, considering how colorful many bird species are. Try to make their species recognizable with their coloring.)

8. Mammalian species are advised, but some birds and reptiles are accepted. Characters who are birds/reptiles should have traits of their species. Birds should have beaks, flimsy bones, etc. Snakes should not have legs, though they may have arms. Aquatic characters are not advised, since they have to stay in water. Only use species that actually exist! (I know we say "griffin" when talking about Alpha, but he's just a cat/bird hybrid, not an actual griffin from mythology.)

9) When creating hybrids, try to keep it with only two species mixed together, or three at the most. Balance natural strengths and weaknesses.

10) There is not a character limit, but avoid creating swarms of ignored characters! Each character should have a "purpose," whether it's a main RPing character you use often (like Roy, Lance, Laura, EJ, Flare, etc), or a "secondary" or "background" character that isn't used as a main character, but is useful and relevant. For example, Ruth is a frequently-used secondary character who is there for convenience; she's a doctor, and like family to some of the characters. Very young children are considered to be secondary characters since they don't add much to the plot, but can spice up your character's life.

11) It is okay to have your character get pregnant, but there are rules to doing this! Both RPers of the parents must be okay with it, and agree on who designs/RPs as the kid. The kid should resemble its parents in appearance and powers, preferably. The genetics behind powers are explained fully for the novel, I can provide this explanation if we want to use it here, too. No "hyper-aging" with child characters. They can't go from being newborns to being toddlers immediately. Tiny infants don't walk and talk. Pregnancies should last at least one real-life month. Not everyone can have twins/triplets/etc, so please don't overdo it on the multiples.

12) Try not to overdo the tragedy. Avoid overusing "meaningless death" and giving your characters a million disabilities that make them miserable people.

13) You may not include anything that has to do with the Sonic universe.

14) Ask if you want a new character to have some importance relevance to the plot. (Be a leader figure in a bad guy group, or related to Julianne, etc.)

15) No random mass destruction! Huge events should only have to do with the main plot. You can have smaller plots among characters without blowing shit up. XD

16) I know character pairings are a big thing in this group (ALL THE SHIPS), but keep in mind that if your character is nasty/antisocial, it might be hard for them to get in a ship. It's nothing against you, it's your character. Not every pairing will work out, and relationships naturally take time to develop. Enjoy the RPing! Don't push it to go by fast! 

17) Posts should be relevant. Pay attention to what other people post, and avoid one-line posts unless you really can't think of anything. Please try to use proper grammar/spelling/punctuation/capitalization.

18) If you have any problems regarding the group, contact me via PM. I've sort of accidentally taken on a leadership role in the group and don't mind helping resolve disputes or answering questions if you're not sure if something is okay. (I'm also kind of one of the oldest, haha. Big sister Chirpy is here.) This particularly goes to any newer members we get, now that we're open to accepting new people.

19) Don't steal/plagiarize anything! No taking art off of DeviantArt that you didn't draw and saying it's what your character might look like. It's okay to use line-art and such, but credit whoever made it just to be considerate. Please don't base any characters off of anime characters or anything like that; be creative and original!

20) New rules may be added if issues appear! Feel free to suggest anything, or, as mentioned above, ask if you may want to bend a rule or ask a question. Not every rule is very strict!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:54 pm

(I think they're good. ^^")
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 pm

(I'm in agreement with all but one of these rules. For the Deviant Art one, if you find something that's close to whatever it is, then I'd advise getting the author/artist's permission to post it here then explain where their work and what you picture differ considering I do that a lot.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:02 pm

(I'd honestly like to avoid that, though, Pluto... ask one of us to draw something for you, or practice your drawing yourself. It just seems a bit rude, even if you get permission. If someone else draws something specifically for you, it's a different story. But I just can't agree with using someone else's designs or drawings, even with permission. I just don't like it... it bugs me. *shrug* I won't encourage it.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

(Alright then. It was just a suggestion. )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:04 pm

(*shrug* It just bugs me. I've seen too much DA drama, and would like to encourage everyone here to improve their own artistic skills. It's a lot of fun, and you get a lot of pride when you draw something really nice for yourself. ^w^)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 pm

I've got mechanic's hands Chirpy, which is unfortunate because they only are still when I'm handling nuts and bolts or tools or something XP )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:07 pm

(Practice! Practice makes perfect. Anyone can become good, or at least decent, at drawing. My dad has worked in construction since he was young. He has big, bulky, scarred, calloused hands. But he still taught himself how to draw pretty well for D&D purposes, and sketching stuff to show to clients in his home improvement/repair business. *pokes* Practice, dammit! XD No excuses! You don't have to be Picasso, but I'm sure you can get better if you try.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:08 pm

(I'm pretty sure Picasso started panting in his late thirties, so... XP)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:10 pm

(*pokes Blueh* Hush, you! XD

Anyways, I need to go shower... I'm forcing myself to start trying to function a little more. I really need to get back to school on Monday. It's the last month of the semester and I just missed an entire week. x.x")
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:13 pm

(What? I meant it in the way that you can start really anytime.

Just... Don't push yourself too hard, okay? You getting sick now wasn't your fault.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:14 pm

(*hugs Blueh's head* Shhhh... I'm not okay... *somehow flops up stairs to go shower*

Chase: ... *calmly sips coffee*

IT IS TEN AT NIGHT PUT THE COFFEE AWAY.

(My brain is everywhere right now fffff... XD))
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:16 pm

(Well, it did make me laugh a little... XP

Roy: ._."...)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 pm

(*flops into bathroom*

Chase ... *sips coffee again*

DAMMIT CHASE.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:24 pm

(Roy: ._."...)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

(XD )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 2:19 pm

(*flops* I'm trying to be constructive today and it's not working. XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh mai... This is new...   Oh mai... This is new... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh mai... This is new...
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kolerin Forests :: Kolerin :: Kolerin Roleplay-
Jump to: