The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Potential Revamp

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:47 am

Chaotic life happenings are keeping me from having a good chance to Skype call with you guys, especially since I work weekends, so instead of waiting around for another group call, I'm going to start posting ideas and stuff here for the potential revamp. For the moment, that's a bunch of information on Evenstell, a country north of the Redwillow forest territories in the Pantheon book.

[size=32]--- --- --- --- --- Evenstell
[/size]
--- --- --- --- General Information
- Name: Evenstell, pronounced like “Even-stell.”
- Government: Theocratic Matriarchy.
- Flag: (???)
- Size/Population: Large.
- Balance: About 67% mundane, 33% extramundane.
- Races: Primarily northern varieties, with spotted cats being very common, but other big cats, wolves, goats, and sheep can be rather common there as well. Has a spattering of other species.
- Landscape: Primarily cold-temperate plateaus and hills, framed with mountains. Evenstell has a long cold season and short, mild summers, though the southern half of the country does experience more warmth than the northern half, being at a lower altitude and closer to the equator.
- Inspiration: Arabia, Russia.

--- --- --- --- Government

- Type: Theocratic Matriarchy - A government ruled by religious figures in the name of a deity, and in this case, those authoritative figures are primarily women.

- Bodies of Government: Matriarchs (Queens), Clergy (Religion), Order (Law).
- Current Matriarchs:
- Current Heiresses:
--- Matriarchs and Heiresses ---

- Matriarchs - The Matriarchs are a pair of queens chosen from youth to be the figureheads and primary rulers of Evenstell. Sometimes, the pair have a sisterly relationship, and other times they are lovers, but both Matriarchs are forbidden from marriage with anyone aside from one another, and may not ever bear children, remaining "pure" from the touch of man.
- Heiresses - Students of the Matriarchs, a pair destined to become the next leaders of the nation. Their studies are rigorous, and extend beyond just the law and religion of their country. They learn geography, diplomacy, history, the cultures of nations surrounding them, and a multitude of other things, including various arts and sciences, depending on a particular Heiress's strengths and skills. Some are even trained in martial arts and swordplay, and others in medicine and healing. Oftentimes, the Heiresses become true Matriarchs when one or both of their mentors are deceased.
- Duties - Essentially being queens and princesses, the Matriarchs and Heiresses are the primary ruling force, and all final decisions are made by them, which can include forming peace treaties or alliances, declaring war, appointing high-ranking officials, creating or abolishing laws, and a multitude of other things. They do not have absolute power, but it is pretty close, considering only the Council can do much against them. The balancing factor is that there is almost always two Matriarchs and Heiresses.
- Deaths Among Matriarchs and Heiresses - Matriarchs and Heiresses are always seen as a pair, and no half of this pair can be replaced. This means that if one Matriarch dies, the other Matriarch is forced to remain as the sole ruler, or to step down and allow both Heiresses to step forward. If one Heiress dies, the Matriarch who chose her will not choose another, and the remaining Heiress will rule alone. If both Heiresses pass before their mentors do, the new Ceremonial Year will be held at about the time the deceased Heiresses would choose their successors, except the most high-ranking female clergy members will be the ones doing the choosing. If all Matriarchs and Heiresses pass, the realm will go without rulers until the next appropriate Ceremonial Year, when the high-ranking female clergy members choose the next Heiresses.
- Ceremonial Year - When the present Matriarchs feel the time is right, usually when they are somewhere in their thirties or even forties, they prepare to choose their Heiresses. It takes one full year to choose the Heiresses, beginning on the first day of spring, when the announcement is traditionally given. A holy ceremony is held on this day to prepare the Matriarchs, thus opening the ceremonial year. A grand festival is held on the last day of every month henceforth, and the Matriarchs are subjected to rigorous religious exercise, taking part in a multitude of different ceremonial acts to reach their goddess. Then, one year later, once again on the first day of spring, thousands of people flock into the grand castle to witness the choosing of the Heiresses. Early that morning, many families and staff of orphanages prepare adolescent girls for the ceremony. They are bathed, dressed in their finest clothes, their hair lovingly combed and decorated with a crown of flowers, as is tradition. Then, the girls are brought to the grand castle's courtyard, accompanied by one family member or caretaker. There they wait for the Matriarchs, while the thousands of onlookers stand raised up on platforms surrounding the courtyard, like a colosseum arena. When the sun has reached its highest point in the sky at noon, the Matriarchs emerge from a pair of ornate gates at the Eastern end of the courtyard... they are dressed from head to toe in ceremonial garb, and their eyes closed. High-ranking clergy members accompany them down a broad, short staircase, into the courtyard... There, the girls are lined up in rows, so that the Matriarchs may walk past each and every one, her hands held up, palms down, so her hands may pass just over the girls' heads as she walks past. Traditionally, the younger of the Matriarchs walks first, and then the elder. It is believed that the Matriarchs are able to sense the girls' connections to their goddess by passing their palms over their heads, in thanks to the long year of ceremony they underwent. When a Matriarch feels a strong instinct as she walks, she will stop, and rest a hand down on the head of the girl who was giving her this feeling. This is then her Heiress. Sometimes, a Matriarch must walk through the rows multiple times before choosing. Once both Heiresses have been selected, they will stand together in front of the gate, and clergy members will replace their flower crowns with beautiful tiaras, each with a jewel that is held right over the forehead, where Alaiyah's third eye is supposedly located. The girls are formally presented to the onlookers, and then a massive celebration is held. Families are given the chance to bid farewell to the chosen girls, since from then on the Heiresses will be living in the castle, where they will be molded into the next Matriarchs.
--- The Clergy
-
-
-
--- The Order
-
-
-
--- --- --- --- Culture

--- Religion ---

- Deities: Alaiyah, the primary deity, as well as various servants of Alaiyah.
- Alaiyah: The goddess of time and history, an honored and beloved goddess who oversees time as a whole. She is generally portrayed as a feline with distinctly pointed ears, ash grey fur, and heavy-lidded orange eyes. Rather than hair, she has smooth feathers emerging from her head, resembling the shape of hair. The feathers often vary in different images of her, but the most common appearance for these feathers are shoulder-length and either white, mottled grey, or rust-colored. She has a small third eye set upon her forehead, but rather than seeing the present time, this eye can only see into either the past or the future. She can be portrayed as carrying a heavy, ornate shield, made from raw wood with the bark still intact and decorated with various leaves and small plants. Her clothing is a long, sweeping robe that is wrapped around her, and is often a multitude of shimmering colors, believed to be made from the fabric of time itself. (Name derived from Arabic “Aliya.”)
- Seasonal Celebrations - Considering the fact that they honor the goddess of time, it’s only natural for seasonal changes and the beginning of a new year to be celebrated. Festivals are held on the first day of each of the four seasons, with the biggest one being in the beginning of spring, which is also the first day of a new year in Stellan culture. The day is spent preparing grand meals and setting up decorations and stages, and once dusk falls, the citizens gather in the streets and kneel for an hour of prayer, with only firelight illuminating the streets. When the prayer ends, the party begins. Music and dance fill the streets with life, while girls and boys dressed in their finest clothes (often made particularly for these celebrations) are allowed to mingle and openly court one another. These celebrations are one of the few times when this is encouraged in public, and it as at times like this when courtship begins and engagements are made. Celebration often lasts late into the night, quieting down at dawn, which marks a day of rest before they all get back to their daily lives.
- Women - Unlike many religions on Earth, in this religion, women are revered. Women give birth to new life, thus creating time, in the sense that they create the life that will stretch on for a new generation. Their deity is also female, and perhaps those details are interrelated.
--- Social and Family Practices ---

- Youth - Children are allowed to interact and play with one another as desired, but once they come to be of an adolescent age, their interactions may be restricted to family members and close friends (often of the same sex). This is to keep them from fooling around or being guilty of indecency.
- Courtship - All marriages and families begin with courtship. Individuals who are as young as ten or eleven may begin to seek out life partners, though courtship is only taken seriously in adolescents who are at least twelve or so and begin to resemble adults.
- Marriage - Naturally, considering their queens often marry one another, same-sex marriage is allowed in Evenstell. While it is less common than traditional marriages, it isn’t seen as strange or taboo like it can be in other countries, being just as normal in their society as opposite-sex marriage.
- Divorce - A heavily frowned upon and uncommon practice, divorce is generally only accepted in society if there were good reasons behind the separation, like abuse.
- Family Dynamics - Some families have given way to modern ideals, but traditionally, Stellan families were large and tightly knit. Important decisions are generally made by the family as a whole, be it just the parents and children, or including grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Everyone generally has somewhat equal standing, though dominant members of the family may emerge and guide the others.
--- Clothing ---

- Casual - The cold weather must be taken into account when one looks at the traditional garb of this country. A simple shirt and pants pairing leaves a seam between the top of the pants and bottom of the shirt that allows a cold draft to get to the skin. Thus, both men and women in Evenstell tend to wear tunics that extend about to the middle of the thigh, though women may wear ones that reach below the knees as well. The tunics have pleats or slits in the sides to allow freedom of movement, and are worn with pants or leggings. Sweater-dresses and turtlenecks are also common, and many outer-wear garments have a lining of fleece on the inside. A common garment for women is a shawl with a hood, often with plush fleece around the neckline to act as a scarf.
- Clergy - The Clergy wear special robes instead of normal tunics. (White, orange, gold.)
- Order - The Order wear uniforms that dictate their status, namely in the form of a robe worn over their clothing. (Grey, white, black, gold.)
- Matriarchs - Adorned. (TBA)
- Heiresses - Adorned. (TBA)
--- Cuisine ---

- Crops - Considering the colder climate, Evenstell doesn’t exactly have a lot of tropical fruit around. Their vegetable crops often include; asparagus, beans, cabbage, carrots, leeks, onions, peas, potatoes, chard, celery, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, radicchio, and arugula. Fruits are slightly less common, but generally consist of hardy apples, strawberries, blueberries, and sweet cherries (yellow and red). Grains are generally sown in autumn and lay dormant until the weather warms, when they rapidly grow, using snow as moisture to grow and producing high yields. Grain crops are rye, wheat, and barley, while nuts include hazelnuts, hickory nuts, pecans, and pine nuts. Herbs include sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme, chives, lavender, cilantro, and mint.
- Livestock - The high altitude is a good place to raise flocks of sheep, so most farmers in Evenstell choose to raise sheep. They are good for meat, milk, and wool, making them some of the most efficient animals to work with. Goats are used primarily for dairy purposes, and there are a few cattle herds, but beef is generally an unpopular meat item, and hogs are also relatively common because they will eat anything and their fat keeps them warm during winter chills. Geese and ducks are kept instead of chickens, because they cope better with cold, wet weather. Most dairy products are from goats, while goose and duck eggs can both be found in supermarkets.
--- --- --- --- Notable Settlements

- Cities to be added. (Evenstell might end up being the name of the capital city if I come up with a better name for the country as a whole.)

- Capital City: ???

Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 pm

I guess one thing that I wanna add is that Chirpy and I have talked about an idea to start off the new revamp. Basically, Underground didn't really happen; Redwillow would be too far gone to try and repair, since they just don't have the money, people, or resources available. This would lead to Redwillow to be abandoned, basically. And our characters would be refugees, and be brought to Evenstell, possibly by their government. By this time, the Sect's influence is all over this world, not just Kolerin-- and our characters finally realize that. That it wasn't just them that were targeted by the Sect. And because our characters were involved in the rebellion (specifically Roy, Chase, Flare, etc.), they could be involved with politics on a grand scale about how to deal with the Sect problem, and to try to make the world safer for supernaturals.

We can debate the idea, but that's in short what Chirpy and I came up with. I'm particularly inspired myself because of a book that I'm reading... It's called 'The Kite Runner', and it's about this Afghan boy who was displaced by war when Russia invaded Afghanistan in 1984. There's a lot more to the story than that, but that part is what is inspiring me so strongly because of how horrible it was... And I think it would progress the story, and give our characters a new start, with the threat of the Sect still over them.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 am

Hmm...

I'll be a little silent for this one at least until I get back from Leave and all ya know. As of right now I don't have much to add except for that fact that this seems geared toward a stronger female cast, but maybe that's just how I'm understanding it. Whatever the case I'll hopefully have more input when I'm back in Jersey.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 1:53 pm

The place doesn't have laws making women more powerful or anything, dude. They just don't look down on them in a sexist manner like most societies on earth have done for a long time. XP Their leaders are traditionally female, but that's kind of it.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 2:46 pm

I'm pretty much all for a more diverse cast in terms of sexuality and gender, but that's not what was intended. I will admit that it is a little weird because usually non-male people are often swept under the rug... I really can't tell you any culture that worships a female god... It's just their society.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Yeah like I said it just came off that way but I know that's not the intention. It just struck me as interesting is all.

Anyways I'm not sure if I brought over Luisa or not I might have her be a native of I do though. Luisa's my daughter of Bellona character from my demigod RP which I could easily convert and bring here.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Well, you can pretty much do whatever you want for characters... I have a possible idea... But I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 10:33 am

I'm not sure what I'd want to do plot wise though but that's more for a group talk...)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah... Hopefully sometime this weekend we can figure out a timeline, and what the overall plot could be. We're pretty much going with that Underground isn't apart of the real timeline, and we're picking up from where Doomsday left off.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 pm

Alright.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 1:53 pm

We just need to hear from Sil...
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah before we set anything in stone we need to get in touch with Sil. This Wednesday I'll be back in Jersey then I'm off Thursday if you guys wanna Skype that night.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Maybe... I'll have to see. But Chirpy and I will most likely talk about it this weekend, and we'll see what we come up with... And we'll let you guys know, in case if things need to be changed.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm

I have created the leaders of Evenstell! XD

- Her Excellence, Lady Adara - A tall, regal sheep woman with creamy-white fur and curly hair that hangs down to her shoulders, speckled by strands of grey formed by her age. Her entire head of hair seems to glisten with silver, while her eyes are a deep honey brown, and a set of large, curled horns adorn her head. She is serious and stone-faced much of the time, but is very soft-spoken. She is somewhere in her fifties.

- Her Radiance, Lady Nianne - A dainty little fox with a narrow muzzle and small, wide ears. She almost always has a perky smile on her face, appearing outwardly cheerful. Her fur is in various shades of grey, with black at her ears and along the corners of her eyes, as well as on her arms and legs, while the tip of her tail is snowy white. Her eyes are a rich butterscotch color, and her paler fur seems to glisten with shades of lavender and blue in certain light.

- Young Lady Lanaiyah - A lovely leopard girl with pale grey fur marked by darker rosettes. Her coat has a blueish tint to it at certain angles, appearing a little metallic, and her silky hair is even more bluish. Her almond-shaped eyes are pale, baby blue. She is timid and shy, but so fiercely devoted to her religion that she can become outspoken in an instant when religious matters are the topic of conversation. She is Nianne's Heiress, and is about fifteen years old.

- Young Lady Kiva - A brown wolf with black hair, white paws, and glittering amber eyes. She appears to be fiercely competitive and athletic, with a love for martial arts, archery, and other training-intensive practices. The more domineering Heiress, she is being trained by Adara and is about nineteen years old.
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Sorry that I haven't been on much, I've been really busy with school.

Everything here so far sounds perfectly fine to me. I might have to fix a few things with some of the characters I want to keep, such as Cleo. I might go over some ideas that I have later today (if I still remember them.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 pm

It's okay, but I'm glad that you like the idea. I'm also going to fix a few characters, like Diego and Maggy... I'll see about maybe keeping them, depending on what you want to do with Cleo... And Bonnie as well.
Back to top Go down
Silverfur
Devashroud Healer
Devashroud Healer
Silverfur

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:23 pm

I just remembered that I'm going to need to fix up Lucy too, I really want her to be a thing. XP
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Aw... Sounds good. I'm debating wether or not Maggy will be a refugee, or be involved in the evacuation... She would live in Evenstell currently, but be from Kolerin...
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 2:03 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

*finally found and started reading some of my really old stuff from 5+ years ago* Oh gods... *shoves passed everyone* BATHROOM!!!!!

Lance: Wow.

*time lapse of maybe five minutes*

Okay so this post isn't all OOC nonsense I actually do have something for this. Someone attempts to assassinate both the Matriarchs and the Heiresses. How and why remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 pm

And Roy and my other OC Erik epically save them.
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 pm

And Lance is there to fuck it all up
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

DAMMIT LANCE
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I'M A LEAF ON THE WIND!
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm

AND YOU'RE TWENTY!!!!!! *screams*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 8:12 pm

I AM OLD! *flail*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potential Revamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potential Revamp   Potential Revamp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential Revamp
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kolerin Forests :: Chat :: Kolerin Related-
Jump to: