The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

TKF: EVENSTELL

Go down 
+2
Chirpingsong
CharmedPluto
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueleaf
Devashroud Second in Command
Blueleaf

TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 6:24 pm

(Hell, he even helps you out. It progressed his character a lot, and made me fall into absolute shipper hell.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:33 pm

(*doesn't understand this conversation* ... Mmmmmmmmmmkay...)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:36 pm

(Gay lawyers. That's all you need to know. XP

But Pluto does bring up a good point. What is the judicial system like in Evenstell? Like, I know in some Middle Eastern countries (that were once Mesopotamia), a high priest of some kind makes the accused lick this scalding hot spoon thing and examines the burn left on the person's tongue, pretty much.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:45 pm

(Er... they certainly aren't weird like that. However, I do imagine that they are quite strict, especially after the Sect incident in Kolerin... They do hold trials by judges, but I imagine they don't have "jury duty" like we do in the States. So, it's kinda like those cases that are tried by a judge, completely cutting out the jury. The accused is arrested and  imprisoned if the crime is bad enough, then brought out to their trial where they can plead their case, and then a series of judges hand down the sentence right off the bat without any waiting around. (The judges are likely very well-trained, insightful people with some experience in religious matters as well, to help nurture empathy and the ability to understand people on a personal level. It's not just law classes they take, but psychology, philosophy, etc.)

So, with Umbra, he'd be immediately stuck in jail. He could be told that he better be good at explaining himself, because the only way the judges wouldn't stick him with murder would be if he plead insanity... in which he'd remain imprisoned in a mental institution instead of a normal prison. There really is no way out for him, so he is more likely going to be told that he should hope he gets a prison with a good, peaceful reputation...

However, considering the religious nature of Evenstell, I don't imagine that there are any cruel or unusual punishments, so he wouldn't be put to death in some awful manner or anything. He'd just be stuck in a high-security prison, stuck with a suppression band on his ankle to keep him from ever using his abilities. The technology can make you feel sick (as we saw from EJ when he used it), but won't really hurt him.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:51 pm

(Well, I was just saying; I found it interesting, because it was something different. But that seems reasonable.

Roy: Eet's a good zing zey believe in rehabilitation...)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:56 pm

(Adara: *looming, but speaks calmly* Don't get me wrong... your compatriot, this Umbra character, will never be released from whichever prison he is sent to. He took the lives of others, and not in the heat of battle or in self-defense. From what I see in his files, he also attempted to kill those now deemed as his 'family.' He cannot be trusted in my country, nor can anyone who has done what he has. Be it in a normal prison or one for the criminally insane, he will never be released.

Nianne: *nods* It is the way it is... We consider ourselves fair people, but even we must deliver punishments.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Okay so basically it's an Article 15 under the UCMJ. Article 15 is basically when your commander plays judge jury and executioner. They discuss what you've been charged with whether you're guilty or not then decide your punishment that way. *writes this down for future reference*

Wouldn't he be tried under Kolerin law? Or would Evenstell enforce their own law on him instead? If they go by Kolerin's law then the punishment is already set in stone, being that he's got a life sentence in prison. If it's under Stellen law though he's essentially screwed.

Umbra: ... And Lance wondered why I wasn't going to come here.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:05 pm

(Roy: I-I'm not sayeeng zat you can't... But I'm at least glad ze prisions een Evenstell are decent...

I remember reading a book about a famous con artist for English, and he was sentenced a year in a French prison, but was removed after six months to go to Sweden. Let's just say he probably wouldn't have survived a full year... eno" From what I know, they don't believe in rehabilitation.

He would most likely be sentenced via Stellan law. Kolerin doesn't exist anymore; Umbra's sentence in Kolerin wouldn't mean anything in Evenstell.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:09 pm

(This is true.

Umbra: *crosses arms* So what happened to sovereign states abiding by the laws of other sovereign states?

In character that's probably something he'll use not that it'll mean much seeing as how his life sentence in Kolerin was never fully carried out.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:12 pm

(Roy: I'm no lawyair, but zere ARE no laws left in Kolairin to abide, Umbra. We went bye-bye off ze map a long time ago.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:15 pm

(Kolerin has been destroyed... they have no government or law anymore, so he will be tried in Evenstell, under Stellan customs.

Adara: *nods* We make them comfortable, but provide no luxury.

Shiloh will be imprisoned for her role in the Sect, but her assisting the Devas and going blind would help her case... She clearly fought against the Sect, and gained a disability from it that pretty much eliminates any threat she could pose. She'll probably have an officer of some kind (their version of a probation officer) check in with her often, but losing her eyesight for the cause helped her prove herself. And she can't exactly hurt people if she can't see well anymore... she relied on her sight a lot, and no longer can.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:17 pm

(Phillip: ...Yay?

Now that I think about it... Aaron would be investigated for his role in the Sect, too.

Aaron: ... ._.)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:18 pm

Umbra: Wrong, Roy. The laws of Kolerin still exist, there's just no one left within the country to enforce them.

That's a fair point too. It doesn't help your situation, Umbra, but it's a valid point.)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:19 pm

(Roy: True, but zey might as well be lost. Do you 'ave a lawbook lyeeng aroung somewhere, Umbra?)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:20 pm

(Adara: I will only investigate those who showed any loyalty to the Sect... if I tried everyone affiliated, that would include those like Mister Gabriel.

Old Gabe: *snort*

Adara: ... I am not concerned about that man. Though, I am interested in learning from Mister Versailles. From what I know, he was an unwilling servant who acquired a brain injury during his escape, which is what now causes his speech impediment... He will be questioned, but not imprisoned unless his questioning goes wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:22 pm

CharmedPluto wrote:
Umbra: Wrong, Roy. The laws of Kolerin still exist, there's just no one left within the country to enforce them.

That's a fair point too. It doesn't help your situation, Umbra, but it's a valid point.)

(Adara: I suggest you calm your attitude. The laws of Kolerin are dead, as all legal documents have been destroyed. You have no proof of the laws, no body to enforce them, and the territory itself belonged to a terrorist organization mere weeks ago. Kolerin no longer exists... the country itself is gone, as are its laws. I will try you as I see fit, unless you want this death sentence and wish to die? *raises an eyebrow*)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:24 pm

(Aaron: Um... Thanksh...

I mean... At the very beginning, he was loyal, but then turned against the Sect.

That awkward moment when you type 'Sext' instead of 'Sect')
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Umbra: *cringes* Were it not for the fact that my death would destroy another, I'd take you up on it. Unfortunately I couldn't live with myself nor die with myself knowing she was made sad.

Whoa...

Umbra: But still I'll curse your names for sending me to a hellhole prison. It's inevitable that because this being our first meeting that I despise you for enforcing justice simply for the fact that it goes against my own ambitions. *shrugs* Nothing personal. Know I hate your action not you. *turns to Roy* To answer you, no, I don't keep a law book with me, I just know my shit.)

Last edited by CharmedPluto on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Blueleaf wrote:
(Aaron: Um... Thanksh...

I mean... At the very beginning, he was loyal, but then turned against the Sect.

That awkward moment when you type 'Sext' instead of 'Sect')

Bluehno!XD )
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 pm

(Roy: Well, as Adara said, you 'ave no evidence to back zis up. ...Unless we 'ave a lawyair wizin ze Devas...?

:3c)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:30 pm

Umbra: Nope. So yeah, like Laura will be by you soon, I'm fucked.

O.o! XDDDDDD )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:31 pm

(Adara: ... I assure you, I design my prisons so they do not resemble a, *clears throat* hole with hellish qualities.

Evey: *is meanwhile also detained* I'm a person, I'm a person, I'm a person... Right? QAQ)
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:32 pm

(Roy: *clears throat* ANYWAY

Wow... 10/10 Umbra. XD)
Back to top Go down
CharmedPluto
CharmedPluto

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Zero: ...! *gets very defensive* TOUCH MY FIANCE AND I'LL KILL YOU INSTANTLY! >8[ 

Umbra: :p )
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:35 pm

(Laura: .... *stares at Roy with wide eyes*

Evey: No, Zero, they take death threats seriously! QAQ! Shhhh--! Hold Libra and tell him Mommy will be home soon!

Adara: *staring intently at Zero* Highly volatile individual with devastating power... I do take your death threats seriously...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TKF: EVENSTELL   TKF: EVENSTELL - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TKF: EVENSTELL
Page 6 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kolerin Forests :: Kolerin :: Kolerin Roleplay-
Jump to: