The Kolerin Forests
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» TKF: Revelations
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm by Blueleaf

» Art Page for Kolerin
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm by CharmedPluto

» -Kolerin Character Directory-
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Chirpy's Character Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:03 pm by Chirpingsong

» Nonsense About Character Quirks/Headcanons
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 7:41 pm by Cay

» Pluto's People
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 4:32 pm by CharmedPluto

» Cayllen's fab character page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm by Cay

» Kolerin Story Page
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:44 pm by Blueleaf

» Blue's Children
Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm by Blueleaf

Statistics
We have 9 registered users
The newest registered user is Cay

Our users have posted a total of 36737 messages in 66 subjects

Kolerin Story Page

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Chirpingsong
Devashroud Second in Command
Chirpingsong

Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Seriouslyyyyy....
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Yay!

PIPASE FLUFFNESS. PART ONE.

(Part Two shall be coming soon and have more characters in it! I just didn't want to post something too long on here since it tends to spazz.)

---

Pippa sighed as she stared down at the little plastic pregnancy test in her hand, specifically at the little plus sign that appeared on the screen. She set it down on the counter of the bathroom sink, at the end of a row of three tests, all different brands, that she had taken this morning. All three of them said, in their own way, be it plus signs or two blue bars on the screen, Yes, Pippa, you are pregnant!

Anxiety gnawed at her stomach, making her feel queasy as she sat on the edge of the bathtub and drop her head into her hands. There were so many reasons for the little Papillon to be worried about this... She had been pregnant once before, with another boyfriend, but lost the baby, and she and Chase weren't married, nor was she sure how he would react to a sudden commitment like a baby. What if she lost it again? What if he left her? What if this was all some horrible twist of fate that would ruin things for her again?

She dropped her hands into her lap, hunching over and staring down at her feet. She splayed her toes out, the blue bathroom tile feeling cool under her paw pads... It was a nice, calming feeling.

Drawing in a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she closed her eyes and said to herself, "You should just tell him, don't wait... If the cheap test is also running positive, you're a few weeks in. It'll be okay. Chase loves you."

Pippa opened her eyes again at the end of her little pep talk, not really feeling better, but accepting what she had to do. She rose to her feet and turned to stand in front of the sink, looking into the mirror on the outside of the medicine cabinet. She didn't look pregnant yet, still slim and delicate; a modest beauty in her early twenties, with big brown eyes, wide ears, and multicolored hair that spilled down her shoulders and back in rippling waves. The silky fur hanging off her short tail was trimmed neatly so it wouldn't brush the ground even when her tail was lowered, and a pair of simple white stud earrings adorned her feathery ears.

She carefully picked a hair off the loose pink t-shirt she was wearing, the neckline wide enough to slip off one shoulder and show her bronze-colored fur. She was still in her pajamas... The t-shirt, and a pair of grey sweatpants with a white owl print. The pregnancy tests were the first thing she did this morning after getting up and feeling nauseous... Chase would be making breakfast around this time.

Sure enough, when she lifted her nose to the air and took a sniff, she could detect coffee and bacon smells wafting from the kitchen. Her mouth watered, and her tail wagged. Chase was still learning how to cook, but when it came to breakfast foods, he was pretty good. Even if he did use one of the boxed pancake mixes.

Go out there and tell him. You can have a nice breakfast together, too. Pippa's stomach clenched, and she suddenly wasn't so tempted by the food.

"Pippa?" Chase's voice called from the kitchen, making her turn to stare at the bathroom door, as though he would be able to somehow see her and the pregnancy tests she had lined up on the counter.

"I-I'm coming!" Pippa called back, hurriedly snatching up the pregnancy tests and dropping them into the trash bin. She then paused and got out some cleaner from under the sink to clean off the counter, considering she had sort of peed on the items that had just been sitting there.

After washing her hands, she slipped out of the bathroom and headed down the short hallway that branched off from their apartment's main living space. To her left were the bedrooms and a storage closet attached to said hall, and to her right was an open space that contained the kitchen and living room. It was a small, simple apartment, the kind a young couple was expected to have.

Chase was standing at the stove in the kitchen, also clad in his pajamas, a spatula in one hand as he flipped a pancake, then nudged at some bacon strips that were sizzling in another pan. His other hand held a cup of coffee that he sipped at on occasion, and the table was already set with what food was done. Some scrambled eggs, a stack of pancakes, a bottle of store bought maple syrup -- the inexpensive, sugary kind that actually tasted better than the "real" stuff -- and two place settings.

The tall Shiba Inu glanced back as he heard Pippa's footsteps, his curly tail giving a single brief wag as he said over the rim of his coffee mug, "Good morning."

"Morning," Pippa replied with a bit of a strained smile, hoping it looked genuine. She took a seat at the table, reaching out to pick up a carton of milk sitting there so she could pour some into her glass.

Chase turned away from the stove so he could add the last of the pancakes and the bacon to the serving plates, then took his own seat. He dished himself out some food and poured syrup over the whole lot, then contentedly started to eat, not having a worry in the world.

Pippa bit her lip as she stabbed a fluffy pancake with her fork and dropped it onto her plate. "... Did you sleep well last night?"

Shrugging, Chase replied around his mouthful of food. "Okay, I guess. You?"

She nodded with a thin smile, putting some bacon on her plate as well before applying the syrup. She used the side of her fork to cut off a piece of pancake and popped it in her mouth, trying to keep herself from getting too suspicious with the small talk. Chase was a quiet man, and morning interrogations were not normal between them.

The sound of chewing dominated the breakfast table for a moment, followed by the sipping of milk and coffee. Then forks scraping against plates. More chewing.

Okay, Pippa. Tell him. The little canine tried to convince herself to speak, but all she could do was put another mouthful of bacon and pancake in her mouth.

Finally, Chase seemed to pick up on her tension. His green eyes watched her for a moment as he took one last sip of his coffee, then very deliberately put the mug down with a soft thunk. He let it sit there on the table, pushing his plate forward just enough for him to be able to rest his arms on the table, his broad shoulders hunching slightly as he leaned against them.

"Pippa." His voice was calm, but she still cringed slightly.

"Hmm?" She asked innocently, fork in her mouth. Her ears were angled back, ruining the way her wide eyes were trying to look clueless.

"Is there something on your mind?" Chase spoke evenly, his gaze fixed on hers.

Pippa sighed. He always could see right through her... She pulled her fork from her mouth and set it on her plate, nervously fidgeting in her seat. "... Maybe."

He simply kept looking down at her, rather expectantly.

Feeling like her stomach was doing somersaults, Pippa looked down at her hands as she rested them in her lap. "I... I took a few pregnancy tests this morning... and they were all positive..."

Chase's ears suddenly perked upright, his eyes going wide as his posture straightened. "You did? They were?"

She nodded, still looking down at her hands as she chewed at her lip. "I-I was afraid to tell you... I-I know it's a big commitment, a-and understand if you aren't ready for it. I mean, after all we've been through, a-and we are still young, and unmarried, and..."

"No, no... Pippa..." Chase said quickly, getting up from his seat and moving to kneel next to her chair so he could take her little hands in his big ones and look up at her face. "Don't think like that..."

"But it's true!" Pippa closed her eyes and shook her head. "I'm sorry..."

Chase was silent as he gazed at her for a moment, then suddenly stood and released her hands. "Stay here, I'll be right back." He turned to hurry out of the kitchen, down the hallway, disappearing into the bedroom.

Pippa lifted her head to watch him go, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. What is he doing...?

She heard him open up a drawer in the dresser, then heard it close again, and he emerged from the hallway a moment later with something clenched in one fist. The quizzical look remained on her face as he returned to her side and knelt down again, his free hand taking one of hers.

"Pippa... I've been trying to think of a way to do this for about two weeks now, and it looks like I've just been given an opportunity," Chase told her, fiddling with the object he held in his other hand. It appeared to be a tiny box covered in dark red velvet, and when he pushed the top open with his thumb, Pippa could see a small silver ring perched inside of it.

Her breathing stopped as she froze, her eyes going wide. She just stared at the ring as Chase turned to hold the box out to her so she could see it, her free hand slowly rising to cover her gaping mouth. The ring had a simple, thin silver band that grew more ornate towards the light blue stone set into it, framing the edges of the jewel with swirling engravings. The stone itself was the color of the summer sky when the weather was perfect, shining brilliantly against the bright silver band.

Chase gave a somewhat shaky smile, chuckling breathlessly. "I couldn't afford a big diamond, but... the blue topaz was nice..."

He awkwardly cleared his throat, continuing more seriously, "Pippa, I... I love you. I love you so much. I'm not going to leave you, especially not when I have the chance to have a family with you. I know we aren't married, but... we could be..."

"Oh, Chase..." Pippa whispered breathlessly, her hand trembling as she felt tears sting her eyes. "I... Yes, yes..."

She watched as Chase carefully withdraw the little ring from the box and slipped into onto her finger, careful not to drop it. Then he straightened up and pulled her out of her chair so he could draw her close, hugging her tight. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face against his broad chest. Everything was going to be okay...
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:38 pm

I SPENT ALL DAY ON THIS.

It's only like the first chapter, ish, and is part of an AU idea I had like FOREVER ago. And it could totally be a book because I started having all these plans after writing this. It's sort of combining my idea to write a story about the kitsune tribes, but with Flare's tribe in it, and FLARE AND WINNIE. FFFFF!

Winnie isn't here yet. Because reasons. REASONS YOU SHALL SOON KNOW.

*SCREAMS*

Also, placeholder name is a placeholder name. I need to think of an actual title if this does become a larger project. XD

And "mana crystals" are an important part of this AU. The tribespeople are the only ones who actually use supernatural abilities, because technology has made it so that "outsiders," or the more modernized people, don't need to. They believe that these crystals are sources of energy that make abilities stronger, and "outsiders" want to study them to see if they could actually be used as a power source. What they find out will influence the next part!

"Mana crystal" is also a placeholder name because every magic crystal ever goes by that name. XDDD This is just kind of experimenting and getting a feel for things before I ruin Flare's happiness.

FLARE I'M SORRY. BUT YOU GET A WINNIE AT LEAST!

Enjoy this little bit of Flare actually being a happy, normal teenage girl with no horrendous scarring. XD

--------

"FIRELILY: PART ONE"

--------

Firelily sighed as she gazed at herself in her full-body mirror, slowly turning her body to inspect herself from all angles. She was dressed in nothing but her underwear and her lovely orange fur, tracing her hands down her sides to closely analyze her hip-to-waist ratio. Was it possible to become more womanly overnight? She believed so, since she had felt something different ever since she woke up this morning.

Last night, her tribe had a festival to celebrate all of the girls who had turned sixteen in the previous year, and Firelily had been among them. She would describe the event as an extravagant party, but also a coming of age ceremony, with all the girls dressing up in beautiful dresses embroidered with patterns in black, gold, red, blue, and silver. They wore traditional masks over their eyes as well, shimmering in all the same colors and decorated with feathers that had been dipped into dye. Jewelry decorated their wrists and ankles, their hair tied up and strung with beads. Flare had even gotten her ears pierced for the event, wearing a pair of little golden studs that had matched the rest of her golden jewelry.

Then came the dancing... It had been the Dance of the Eclipse, always done between mother and daughter for the first few minutes, before the girls could twirl away and take partners from the various boys who had watched them, entranced. It was a dance to honor the sun and moon goddesses, Sola and Luna, a mother and daughter pair who only embraced when the solar eclipse darkened the sky. It was they who watched after the coming and going of generations among the tribes, ensuring the health and fertility of the girls who would come to be the next mothers.

As her mother's eldest daughter, Firelily felt a certain pride at being the first to do the Dance of the Eclipse with her mother. She still remembered how beautiful the other orange cat had looked in her snow white outfit, a glowing light next to her as she led her through the steps, spun her around... She had smiled, murmuring loving words. You're so beautiful. I'm so proud of you.

Letting out another dreamy sigh, the Firelily gave a little twirl in front of the mirror, then smiled at her reflection. She knew she was beautiful, but had only begun to really feel that way last night. She traced her hands along her sides again, tilting her head and letting her orange hair tumble down over her shoulder.

She was a feline of mixed heritage, like most of her tribe, though her lynx blood was prominent in her delicately pointed ears, which darkened in color until they ended in little black tufts of fur. She also had faint spotting on her lower back and tail, though the rosettes could only be seen in bright sunlight, they were so subtle. Her appearance strayed away from being a "pure" lynx when it came to her long tail, with its soft, feathery fur, and the bright orange color of her pelt. Her eyes were a rich amber color, and her muzzle splashed with white that trailed down her throat and up her forehead a short ways. Being tall and well-built for her age made the sixteen-year-old even more confident in her appearance, certainly feeling like she had suddenly blossomed into a young woman after the ceremony the night before.

"Firelily, are you awake?"

Her mother's voice called from the main room, and Flare turned away from the mirror to call back, "Yes! I'll be out in a moment!"

The young woman then hurriedly went about picking her clothes for the day, casting glances at her ceremony outfit, which hung up against one wall of her bedroom. Her dress was navy blue and only had one shoulder, and the mask was predominantly black with swirling patterns of blue and gold, touched with just a bit of silver around the rims of the holes for her eyes. The feathers fanning out from the top of it had been dyed red with black tips.

She would treasure that outfit forever, but could not wear it as she returned to daily life. Instead, she chose one of her favorite dresses, a light brown, sleeveless one with thin straps that crisscrossed over her shoulder blades. The hem was embroidered with white and gold thread, and the skirt fell just past her knees. She added a pearl bracelet to the outfit, and neatly brushed her hair before tying it back at the nape of her neck.

Firelily wanted to look nice, but not too nice. Now that she was officially a young woman, she could be courted by young men, and wanted to draw their attention without looking like she was trying too hard. She wanted them to know she had standards.

Pleased with how she looked, she turned and pranced out of her small bedroom, into the main living space of her family's house. There, she found her mother dishing some canned fruit into a serving bowl on the table, which was soon accompanied by a plate of her homemade biscuits.

Her eleven-year-old sister, Jade, was already seated at the table. She smiled at their mother as she scooped out some of the fruit and plopped it into her bowl, then began to contentedly eat.

"Canned food?" Firelily asked a bit disdainfully as she approached, though she tried to keep her tone light. She much preferred wild fruits and homemade foods as opposed to the things the outsiders brought them.

Her mother, Zinnia, smiled so brightly at her that she was once again reminded of the ceremony last night. "Yes, canned fruit today. The fresh things we had started to go soft, so I let your brothers take them as bait for the hunt."

Jade slurped at the food in her bowl, licking her lips. "The peaches are my favorite! I love the syrup they put them in. Outsiders sure do know how to make stuff taste good." She picked up a biscuit and dipped it into the fruit syrup in her bowl, not wanting to waste a drop of it.

Firelily chuckled, taking a seat beside her sister so she could dish out some breakfast for herself. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I just hate feeling like we rely on them too much. Remember the stories grandpa told us, when the tribes did things on their own?"

"Your grandfather needs to be more grateful towards the outsiders!" Zinnia scolded, though she had a hint of laughter in her voice.

She sat across from her daughters and picked up a biscuit. "If not for them, he would have died as a boy during a drought that lasted the summer. The trees bore no fruit, and the animals went away, so there was little to hunt or gather. I'm not sure where outsiders get their food, but they certainly had a lot of it, and were willing to share."

"Now they bring us stuff all the time," Jade piped up, her mouth half-full of biscuit. "Medicine and food and water and stuff for building our houses or making our clothes. And all they want in return is to know about us."

Firelily nodded, understanding where her mother and sister were coming from. The outsiders had been a huge help in to the tribes since before any of them had ever been born. They brought food, clean water, medicine, and materials on a regular basis, keeping them all healthy and well-fed. Deaths among the tribesmen dropped, allowing the population to slowly grow after decades of decline when outsiders began taking over tribe territory to build their own cities. But, in a way, that also meant outsiders were to blame for the tribes' suffering in the first place...

Still unsure of where she stood on the concept, Firelily took a bite of her peaches and slowly chewed. The sweetness of the fruit made her tongue tingle.

"Hey, Lily," her sister suddenly spoke again, drawing her out of her thoughts. The little green-eyed kitten grinned widely. "Did you dance with any boys you liked last night?"

The ginger cat couldn't help a giggle, suddenly sounding like a young girl again. "Maybe I did. It's none of your business."

"Did you dance with Cedar?!" Jade demanded, straightening up in her chair and giggling as her older sister ducked her head. "You did!"

"Shush, you," Firelily scolded, feeling her ears heat up in a blush. "It's none of your business!"

She had, indeed, danced with the handsome young cat the night before. He had not been the first boy she gravitated to after her dance with her mother, but she had been the one she danced with the longest... He was tall and lean, with an elegant face and a spotted grey coat of fur. His hair was dark black, striking against his light fur and deep green eyes. He was mature for a seventeen-year-old, already having a good reputation among the grown men as an excellent hunter and woodworker. Not only that, but he was soft spoken and polite, with a serious look in his eye that suggested he wouldn't take nonsense from anyone. He was everything she wanted in a man.

Zinnia laughed softly, then reached out to flick Jade's ear. "Don't tease your sister, sweetie. You should both finish your breakfast. We have things to do."

The sisters both turned back to their food, focusing on eating so they could get to their daily duties. As much as Firelily would have liked to daydream all morning, she had to finish and head over to the infirmary.

Scarfing down the last of her biscuit, she rose to her feet, quickly scurrying over to the door to pull on her sandals.

"Don't forget your mana necklace!" Zinnia called.

Oh! Of course! Embarrassed to have forgotten the crystals that allowed her to actually use her healing magic, Firelily hurried back to her bedroom.

Her mana necklace was simply a hemp string with unevenly shaped crystals strung onto it. The mana crystals themselves varied in color from various shades of blue-green, to white, to dull grey. They strengthened her innate magic abilities when she wore them, allowing her to manifest said abilities into spells strong enough to help seal wounds closed. Or, as she possessed a second ability, to summon flames out of nowhere.

Snatching the necklace off of her clothing bureau, Firelily slipped it over her head and rushed back out of her room. She paused to give her mother a quick kiss on the cheek before making her way towards the door. "I'll see you later!"

"Have a good day!" Zinnia called back, while Jade mumbled something around a mouthful of food.

Chuckling, Firelily exited through the front door of her family's little house, emerging onto the village street. The houses were all petite and made of wood and clay, respectively. A few had thatched roofs, but some used the "shingles" the outsiders had brought for them, as well as the various supplies for building the structures themselves. It was a lot better than living in tents like their ancestors used to.

Firelily ambled down the unpaved dirt street, passing by several other felines as they all went about their daily duties. Quite a few waved, or said hello, or congratulated her about the ceremony the night before, making a smile come to her face. The young girls all regarded her like she was some strange new creature, and the adult women gazed at her with respect in their eyes, as she was now their equal. She felt on top of the world.

Arriving at the infirmary, she stepped into the gaping doorway, as the cloth "door" had already been pulled aside and tacked to the wall to allow easy entry. The infirmary was by far the most rectangular building in the village, and one of the biggest, with only two rooms. One was for the storage of the various medical supplies, be they the treasured mana crystals and herbal remedies, or outsider medicines and bandages. They weren't allowed to keep "vaccinations" that were delivered by poking them with needles, so children only got those when the outsiders came to visit and get reports on the village's population and health. The other room, long and rectangular in shape, contained two rows of cots for patients.

The healers themselves were a mix of men and women, with healing being one of the few occupations in the village that was so evenly mixed. That was because only individuals with the innate ability to use healing magic could be doctors. Mana crystals were useless to people without magic flowing in their veins.

"Firelily!" A white-furred young woman greeted her from just inside the patients' room, breaking into a wide grin. "How do you feel after last night? Ready to take on the world?"

She smiled widely and nodded, stepping inside the room. "I'm more than ready, Tempest! You just wait until your ceremony next year. It really does change you."

Tempest sighed a bit dreamily, fiddling with her long braid of brown hair. "I'm so excited for my birthday, and the ceremony! It must be so nice to be considered an adult, just like that."

"You'll never be considered an adult if all you do is chat while you're supposed to be working!" Whitecrest, Tempest's father, scolded them from where he stood across the room. He fixed them with a stern yellow gaze that made them wilt, but then smiled, which softened his features. "And congratulations, Lily."

"Thank you, sir," Firelily purred, her tail swishing behind her while Tempest gave her a jealous little glare at the respect she suddenly earned from the girl's own father.

The two then got to work, as they had patients to check up on. Firelily wandered to the center of the infirmary, where a heavily pregnant woman sat patiently on a cot, one hand holding her distended belly and the other clutching a small kitten's hand to keep him from running about and getting underfoot. These were Lily's first patients of the day.

"My, my, you do suddenly look so grown up..." The pregnant woman smiled at her, reminiscing. "I remember when I had my eclipse ceremony."

Firelily smiled right back, her face lighting up. "That was only a few years ago, Harmony, and now here you are, married with kits. I can't wait until I'm in your place."

Harmony laughed, tugging her son up onto the cot so he could sit beside her. "Oh, you can wait a little while... Kittens are a precious gift from Sola, but also a handful. Especially when you're about to have your second while your first is still only two."

"D'aww, but Quill is a good boy, isn't he?" Firelily crooned, bending down to address the kitten. She reached one hand out to ruffled the fur on top of his head, making him smile and playfully swat her hand.

She then straightened up and turned her attention to the young mother, resting her hands against the dappled black-and-white fur of her distended belly. "And I'm sure the little one here will be just as sweet... Have you noticed any changes in the kit's behavior? Any practice contractions?"

Harmony rested her hands against the cot so she could lean back on them, keeping one eye on her son. "Kicking up a storm like usual, especially late in the afternoons. I think it can tell when I'm hungry or stressed. And I had a few contractions the other night, but they haven't become regular. I might make it my last few weeks to term."

"Quill was early, wasn't he?" Firelily asked, glancing down at the dark-furred kitten, who was eyeing his mother's tail.

Her patient nodded. "Yes, he was about a week early, but most first babies are. I have three more weeks to go with this one, and I'm hoping I at least get one of them so I can get a few more things done around the house before all my time becomes forfeit."

The two young women chuckled among themselves as Lily went about the checkup, making sure the expectant mother was in good shape. After moment, she was given a clean bill of health and allowed to fix her skirt and get up off of the cot.

"Maybe I'll get to help with the labor," Firelily mused as she took Harmony's hand and helped her up. "It would be my first time actually getting to midwife. They don't let under-aged girls assist."

"I would like that," Harmony replied with a purr.

She took Quill's hand again, telling him, "Say bye-bye to auntie Lily. We need to go home and work on getting things ready for the baby!"

"Buh-bye," Quill burbled in his cute little voice, waving one hand at her.

"Bye-bye," Firelily chuckled, waving as well.

She watched the two of them waddle out of the infirmary, letting a sigh out through her nose. It must be nice to have a precious little kitten to care for, and another on the way. Though, she had a way to go before she could have any of that. While she could get engaged at age sixteen, she couldn't get married until she was eighteen... Not that she was even engaged yet.

"Lily!" Tempest suddenly appeared again, darting over and catching her by the arm, startling her. She leaned her head close to whisper in her ear, "Cedar is here to see you!"

"What?" Firelily blinked, her face and ears flushing. He was here? Now? To see her? "Is he okay?"

"He's not hurt or sick, and he has flowers!" Tempest squeaked right in her ear, bouncing on her toes. "He's right outside! Go see him!"

Firelily stumbled as her friend gave her a push towards the door, her tail fur fluffing out. She was suddenly worried about whether or not her hair was still tidy, or if her skirt had any bits of grass stuck to it, or if she had trimmed the claws on her toes recently enough. However, there was no time for any of that as she was shoved towards the door.

She awkwardly emerged outside after one last nudge, finding herself face-to-face with the handsome young cat she had danced with the night before. Her mouth went dry as she stared up into his dark emerald eyes, which betrayed a hint of nervousness as well. He was nervous? About talking to her?

"Um, h-hey, Lily..." He smiled a bit shyly, his slightly husky voice even softer than usual. "I just wanted to bring you some flowers... last night was really great, and... I thought you looked really beautiful. N-not that you aren't beautiful all the time! Um... here."

A sweet scent tickled her nose, and she managed to pry her eyes off of his and glance down at the bouquet he held out to her. It was composed entirely out of lilies, with white ones, yellow ones, orange tiger lilies, and even a few of the flowers she was named after. Fire lilies. They were a rare variant of lily that were violet in the center, but brightened to crimson and then bright orange towards the edges of the petals. They were even more boldly colored than tiger lilies, and could only be found in her tribe's lands.

"Oh...!" Firelily lifted one hand to her muzzle, momentarily taken aback. She just stood there for a moment before she could convince herself to actually take the flowers, hesitantly reaching out and wrapping her hands around the long stems. Her fingers brushed against Cedar's, making both of them blush so hard their ears turned visibly red.

Holding the flowers close to her chest, she smiled up at him with her ears tilted out to the sides slightly. "Th-thank you... They're beautiful."

Cedar awkwardly rubbed at the back of his head, mussing his dark hair. "I'm glad you like them... I, ah, was also wondering if you would maybe want to cook dinner for me sometime? I could catch us some fish down at the stream."

Her face lit up, her smile growing. "Yes, that sounds great!"

While the visiting outsiders said that normal courtship among them had the boy bring the girl somewhere to get food she didn't have to cook, the way it worked in the tribe was for the boy to bring the girl something for her to make for them. That allowed the girl to see the boy's ability to provide for her, and introduced him properly to her family, as she would cook not only for him, but also her parents and siblings. It was a very obvious stage of early courtship, and it meant Cedar was serious about pursuing her.

"Great! Does tomorrow sound good to you?" Cedar asked, a bit of tension easing from his shoulders as his smile grew less strained.

Firelily nodded, her hands squeezing the flowers so tightly she was sure her claws would cut through their stems. "That sounds great. I'll let my mother know that the kitchen will be all mine tomorrow evening."

Jade was going to tease her the moment she brought it up, but she didn't care! Cedar wanted to have dinner with her family! He really was interested in her!

Cedar graced her with one last smile as he began to turn away. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon once I bring in a catch. Have a good day, Lily."

She shyly waved after him as he started to walk away, though inwardly she wanted to scream and jump around. How could things go any more perfectly?!

When Cedar was finally out of sight, Firelily gave an excited bounce, kicking up her heels before darting back inside so she could show Tempest her bouquet. One day, she was going to be a full-fledged healer, and someone's wife! Cedar's wife!

She was put on medicine-mixing duty after that, because she just kept daydreaming about having little kittens toddling after her everywhere she went. Spotted kittens with dark green eyes... She sighed, slowly mashing up herbs with her mortar and pestle, staring off into space as her thoughts ran wild.

Little did she know, that future would never be hers.

Everything was about to be taken away.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:40 pm

I ruin her happiness in the next part.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I will crush her dreams.

Like Sil would want me to.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:55 pm

Oh no. Ohhhhhhh no.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Ohhhhh yes.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Nooooooooo

Flare you don't need Cedar. Where the fuck is Felicity.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:00 pm

I am going to ruin everything.

Felicity might come in later if I want her to but for now Flare is still in her tribe being happy.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:04 pm

I'll ruin you.

You need tooooooo
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 pm

No one can stop me. I am Chirp, destroyer of worlds.

We shall seeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Sil is on Skype and she read the story and loves iiiiiiit!

And of course we are excited for when Winnie appears.

YAS. BABY FOX.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:31 pm

The sweet cinnamon roll literally too good and pure for this world.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:43 pm

I am doing a little bit of homework now but I am going to write the next part of this like right after. I am not even kidding. I must continue forth on this journey.
Back to top Go down
Blueleaf
Blueleaf

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:53 pm

The journey of paiiiinnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Pain and looooove....
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 pm

I want a new paaage... Page 10!
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Page teeennnnnnn...
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Teennnnnnnnn...
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

Seriously.... XD
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

*flails*
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:59 pm

GIMME A NEW PAGE DAMMIT.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 3:59 pm

ALL OF THIS SCROLLING.
Back to top Go down
Chirpingsong
Chirpingsong

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Okay I give up. XD

---------------------
--- DANCE PARTY
---------------------

"Thanks for coming with me, you two," Laura told the twins, tilting her head back to smile up at them as they walked up the steps to the porch of her family's home. She, Roy, and Rachel all held plastic grocery bags in their hands, having just come back from a trip to the store. Since Laura had no vehicle, she had asked her boyfriend and his sister to help carry everything home.

Roy smiled down at her, carrying the most bags out of the three of them. He might have looked lanky, but he possessed an inhuman strength that could still surprise even those who had known him for his whole life. Carrying a few grocery bags was nothing to him. "It's no problem."

Rachel opened her mouth to say something as well, but then paused when she heard music turn on in the house. The tall bat's ears perked up, her wings shuffling behind her. "Is Celeste home?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, she should have gotten home while we were out. She was out with some friends," Laura replied, setting her grocery bags down to search her pocket for her house key.

Roy's ear swiveled to the side as he listened to the music, which was gradually increasing in volume from normal to skull-splitting. He cringed, his ears now cramped back to his head as he asked in a slightly raised voice, "Does she often play music like that?"

Laura nodded, sticking her key into the lock on the door. "Yeah, sort of! She turns it up really loud so she can feel the vibrations in the floor! She likes to dance, but only in private, usually!"

The twins both nodded, though they were still cringing at the volume of the music playing. Rachel could swear she heard some laughing inside as well, belonging to more than one voice. Had Celeste brought a friend home with her? It wouldn't surprise her. Though she was deaf, the fifteen-year-old was very sociable and generally did not like to be alone. But Laura had said she only liked to dance in private...

Laura pushed the front door open, picking up her grocery bags and stepping inside. She halted after only taking a few steps into the house, gazing into the living room with wide eyes, her ears standing upright on her head despite the loud music. She was clearly taken aback.

Rachel stepped inside as well, her brother right behind her. She stopped beside Laura when she saw what the petite hybrid had seen, her own eyes widening as well.

Her boyfriend, seventeen-year-old EJ, was the person in the living room with Celeste. They had apparently cleared a decent-sized dance floor, with the coffee table pushed up against one wall and the furniture all moved back slightly. They had even rolled up the rug that was normally resting underneath the coffee table, setting that aside as well.

The two were barefoot, standing side-by-side as the stereo system sent vibrations through the floor while the music played. EJ was looking up at Celeste's face -- she might have been two years younger, but she was an inch taller -- and grinning at her as she nodded her head enthusiastically. Neither of them seemed to have noticed Laura's return, or the fact that the Brodeur twins were with her, instead taking positions like they were competitive dancers about to start a choreographed routine.

EJ held a tiny remote in his hand, and at the push of a button, restarted the song he had been letting Celeste get a feel for. He then tossed the remote onto the coffee table and rolled his shoulders.

A moment later, Rachel actually recognized the song that was playing, able to distinguish the lyrics despite how horrendously loud it was.

So we back in the club,
With our bodies rockin' from side to side, side, side to side...

Both EJ and Celeste shook their hips from side to side, in almost perfect unison, moving along with the beat and the lyrics. Was it possible that they actually had choreographed a dance?

Thank God the week is done,
I feel like a zombie gone back to life, back, back to life...

They raised their hands like zombies and stomped their feet to the music, starting to laugh a bit.

Hands up, and suddenly we all got our hands up
No control of my body
Ain't I seen you before?
I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes...

The teens raised their hands up into the air as they shimmied and twisted their hips, grinning widely as they hopped to the side and turned to face each other.

'Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again
Yeah, baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again
So dance, dance, like it's the last, last night of your life, life
Gonna get you right
'Cause baby tonight, the DJ got us falling in love again

As the singer started on the chorus, EJ and Celeste both just started to wave their arms and stomp their feet. Every time the line "fallin' in love again" was sung, they both thumped their hands against their chests like they mimicked the beating of their hearts.

The three who had just entered kept watching, either from surprise or amusement. Laura had put down her groceries again so she could hold one hand over her muzzle, a smile curling her mouth as she tried not to laugh. Roy was chuckling under his breath, apparently finding this very cute. Or maybe just funny to watch, with the two teenagers jumping around in the living room.

However, Rachel wasn't sure what she thought. Celeste was a little closer to EJ's age than she was, and they were better friends than she had thought... They didn't have any feelings for one another, did they? The song was not helping with her doubts. It was a song all about falling in love, and even if Celeste couldn't hear the lyrics, EJ could.

She tried to convince herself that he just liked the beat, and that he had always been a lover of most music, but it was hard not to feel suspicious. She hadn't even known that he was one of the friends Celeste was spending time with. The last she had spoken to him was on the phone that morning, and he had been doing some homework for one of the online college courses his brother was making him take.

Ears flat, Rachel just kept watching, no longer noticing that her arms were tired from carrying grocery bags all this way.

Keep downing drinks like there's no tomorrow
There's just right now, now, now, now, now, now
Gonna set the roof on fire
Gonna burn this motherfuh down, down, down, down, down, down

The pair both shook their hips and went low to the floor, low enough that Celeste's long tail swept out across the hardwood to help her keep her balance.

Hands up, when the music drops
We both put our hands up
Put your hands on my body
Swear I seen you before
I think I remember those eyes, eyes, eyes, eyes

Both suddenly straightened up, holding their hands up as they swayed from side to side, then they took each other's hands and EJ drew Celeste close. Rachel felt her heart pound as they did what the lyrics told them and rested their hands on one other's waists for a moment, both grinning widely.

She was relieved when the two of them broke apart as the chorus started up again, repeating their moves from before, still moving in unison. They must have practiced to be able to do this... How often did they meet up? Why was he doing this with Celeste instead of her?

A blush made her ears burn red as Rachel suddenly felt a little ashamed for getting jealous so quickly. EJ was a sweet kid, and about as naive as they came. He was probably just enjoying the fact that he could relax and have fun, now that the civil war had ended. Who was she to think that he would cheat on her and go out with Celeste? Sure, Celeste was still a teenager like he was, as opposed to how Rachel was approaching twenty... but she and EJ had been dating for a long time. Two, three years? That was enough to give him more trust than she was right now.

Rachel had been so lost in thought that she hadn't paid attention to the rest of their dance routine, but snapped out of it when Roy and Laura suddenly started to clap. The loud music had stopped, leaving the house quiet and her ears ringing slightly.

EJ spun around, startled by the clapping, and his face flushed red when he saw the three standing there. "How long have you guys been here?!"

"The whole time," Laura replied with a chuckle. "You two are really cute. Did you teach Celeste how to dance like that?"

Awkwardly rubbing the back of his fluffy head with one hand, the cat shrugged. "Not really. We came up with the routine together. She really likes to dance, she just has to be able to feel the vibrations in the floor."

Celeste had turned to look at them all when she saw EJ jump, and smiled sheepishly. She lifted her hands to sign, I am a little embarrassed, but dancing with EJ is fun! He can be really silly.

Roy raised an eyebrow, chuckling, while EJ elbowed Celeste and ducked his head. The blue-eyed teen's response was just to laugh at his expense and ruffle his black hair.

Laura picked up her grocery bags and carried them into the kitchen, calling, "I hope everyone is hungry! We just bought some things to make dinner. We can all eat together, since Mom won't be home until later. Who wants to help me cook?"

EJ grinned and signed something to Celeste that Rachel didn't quite catch, and the two scrambled into the kitchen after Laura.

Sighing, Rachel shook her head, then looked up at Roy when she noticed he was giving her the 'mind reader' look. She pursed her lips and grouched at him, "What?"

"Nothing. Let's go help make dinner. I'm starving," Roy replied, apparently deciding not to pester her about her thoughts. He likely would once they got home, but at least he wasn't going to interrogate her here in the doorway.

Kicking the front door shut, Rachel moved to follow after him, trying to remind herself that there was nothing wrong with her relationship with EJ. Their age difference was a little more prominent now than it had been when they were younger, showing in their differences in maturity, yes... Roy and Laura were talking about the idea of moving out together, while she and EJ wouldn't be able to legally do that for another year, if he was even ready by then. But that was okay. She could wait.

Shaking her head, she entered the kitchen and tried to focus on helping to make dinner. Everything else would work itself out if she stopped being so paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolerin Story Page   Kolerin Story Page - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolerin Story Page
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next